File 41

"Small aim is a crime; have great aim."
~A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

._._._._._.

Emmeline was going to visit Lily. She knew it was late, but she had to tell her about what she heard when they went to the cafe.

"To get her, let's aim at someone close to her."

With Lily's help, they would either hide or fight (maybe even a little or both).

Emmeline was about to enter the hallway of the apartment when she was pulled into what seemed like a janitor's closet or a broom cupboard.

"What the-" a hand covered Emmeline's shouting mouth.

She glared at the person until she was able to decipher that it was the exact same blue eyes as hers. This may be just a mere coincidence for her, but somewhere deep inside told her that this was her twin sister.

"Charlotte?" asked Emmeline yet the hand above her mouth muffled her question.

"Don't scream," said a voice close to hers.

The intruder took away her hand and Emmeline looked at her. She looked exactly the same as Emmeline that even their clothes matched!

"What the hell, Charlotte?!"

"Let me explain!"

"Go ahead. Explain why I haven't seen you in nine years. Explain why Hestia hasn't seen you in much more years. Explain why Kaisley doesn't even know I have a twin sister because I promised you and Mom," demanded Emmeline.

"Of course you'd know that Dad's death was because of me," said Charlotte cutting straight to the chase (always the straight forward one) while Emmeline nodded her head, "I made a deal and I thought it wouldn't cost me anything. My naïve self thought it was an act of kindness. I was doing it because I didn't want us to stay in that shithole any longer. You have to admiy, Dad didn't really take care of us that much. Turns out I'm working for him and I'm killing people, like real people, not a doll or something."

"What should I do for you? Clap?" asked Emmeline.

Charlotte rolled her eyes, "because, now, I want to die a hero if you let me."

"I didn't say anything about dying," said Emmeline, trying to fix in the clues.

"You didn't, but I technically did. That's why I have a plan," said Charlotte as she starting telling her twin sister this plan, "Emmeline, if you go in there, they are going to kill you."

"Are you sure you weren't assigned to do that?" inquired Emmeline, no sarcasm involved.

"They didn't even add me in this killing. The Player, which is me, wasn't even told of this plan."

"You eavesdropped, didn't you? Just like we used to do on Dad?" questioned Emmeline instead of asking, like other people would, how Charlotte knows of this (I'm putting my money on some twin telepathy thingy).

Charlotte nodded.

"What's this plan of yours, then?" asked Emmeline.

"I'm going to go in as you. Nobody knows of this, Emmeline, trust me," said Charlotte, reading her sister's mind.

"If they're here to kill me, they'll be killing you instead," stated Emmeline.

"Exactly."

"I just see you again, for the first time in nine years, and you want to go die on me?" asked Emmeline.

"It's the hero thing to do," sighed Charlotte.

"There is no hero or villain in any story," said Emmeline.