File 38

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."
~Arthur Conan Doyle

._._._._._.

Let me tell you a story, but first let me tell you something...

We grow up with fairytales and myths, isn't that right? The tooth fairy that will come and swap your tooth (or teeth) for money. The Princess who always has a Prince Charming that saves them (I mean, why can't it be the opposite? Or a best friend saving her best friend. Why do you not show these plantonic relationships, Disney?)

I'll tell you something that is true about this real world. Your fairytales don't happen here exactly like in those fairytales. Sure you could have a Prince Charming, but what if he cheats with a better princess (of course, that's an example. Everyone is beautiful no matter shape, size, and looks. It's the inside that matters).

Now, your fairytales and myths that are told when you go to sleep or are put as movies. We always have the hero and the villain, right? They say a villain is the person who chooses truth over dare. I'll tell you something else, you little investigators. What if the only difference between who's the villain and who's the hero is based on who is telling the story?

._._._._._.

I promised you of a story and a story you shall get. Grab your popcorn or your chocolate, and your water (stay hydrated! Your body needs that water). Let's go into the past of a person shall we?

There once was this boy who had an abusive father. This father used to hit his son whenever he did something that wasn't manly enough.

"Do you even love me, Dad?" shouted the boy at his father once when he was ten.
The boy was sick of his father hitting him all the time. His mother couldn't do anything about it because she never knew.

The father slapped the boy, "I don't have a son who isn't manly enough to take the role of a strong man."

The boy ran. He ran away while his father screamed after him from his place, not bothering to follow his son. The son's mother was at work so she was no help at all.

The son ran until he reached a place he knew of. It was the alley that he always went to cry to after his father hit him.

"Come here, my boy," said a low voice from behind him. A voice that wasn't his father's.

The son turned around to be faced with a cloaked man.

"Your father hurt you," stated the cloaked figure.

The son nodded.

"If you work for me, I assure you he will never hurt you again," said the cloaked figure.

"How?" asked the son.

"Come with me, my boy. I will show you the way of life," said the cloaked figure, reaching out a hand for the boy to hold.

"But who are you?"

"I am The Snake, and I am here to help," said the cloaked figure.

The son was only ten years old when he followed The Snake. He always told him that he will train him in the way of life. That he will show him the right path because people just like the ten year old boy always follow The Snake. They find comfort in The Snake because he accepts him. To repay him, when they are old enough, all their training comes to use.

Now, the son's father died all of a sudden when the son was fifteen years old. The son acted like he missed his father, but deep down he was happy. At night, he went to the same alley to thank The Snake for his help. While he thanked him, The Snake informed him that his time will come soon. The son thought he meant death.