File 34

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic."
~Harry Houdini

._._._._._.

"Sirius Ace Black!" exclaimed Walburga Black, his mother, as she entered his messy room.

He was currently at home, having the job to bring his sister to Headquarters since she was a part of the new suspect list.

"How did this happen?" asked Walburga.

"I don't know, mom," said Sirius, knowing exactly what his mother was talking about.

"How can you let this happen?" she asked.

"You think I didn't put up a fight! I'm just as mad at this as you are! Bella shouldn't even have been mentioned, but her we are!" exclaimed Sirius.

"Isn't there anything you can do?" asked Walburga sincerely, "anything to make your sister no longer a suspect?"

"By proving her innocence," seriously said Sirius to his mother.

._._._._._.

"Why do we have to go to Headquarters?" asked Bellatrix.

Bellatrix Black and the pregnant Narcissa Black were currently in a car taking them to Headquarters. Bellatrix didn't know why they were going to Headquarters, hence her question.

"You'll know soon Bella. They... they need us," said Narcissa, partially lying.

Narcissa shared a look with the driver also known as Sirius Black, her brother. The look wasn't one of happiness. Oh no, it was one of guilt, doubt, and sorrow, yet it was also of curiosity of how this has happened.

._._._._._.

"So, it's true?" asked Narcissa, as she entered the woman's restrooms in Headquarters.

"Depends on what your asking," said Lily as she looked at Narcissa sorrowful expression.

"Is Bella a suspect? A part of this new suspects list?" asked Narcissa.

Both Lily and Dorcas nodded sorrowfully.

"How the fucking hell did Sirius let this happen?!" exclaimed Narcissa.

"Oh, he put up a fight," said Dorcas, "he certainly did not go quiet."

"By what I heard, he apparently was going to murder the person who suggested it," said Lily.

"Oh, he was. Plus it was more than one person, but showing their evidence, which was quite detailed surprisingly, Head Longbottom agreed," explained Dorcas.

"She's going to freak out," said Narcissa, "and this time it'll be real, it won't be for some play of hers."

._._._._._.

Bellatrix Black was wondering in Headquarters. Having no clue why she was here, she also had no clue on where to go. She noticed that her brother left the car quite angry. When she asked Narcissa, her sister told her it was probably stress of this long case catching up to their brother.

The perks of being a detective. The stress, sarcastically thought Bellatrix.

After her brother leaving, she looked at Narcissa wanting to ask for guidance on where she should go since they needed them that much, but her sister was already walking saying she had to do some things. Left alone, Bellatrix thought she should do what she always does when she forgets a line of her character...

Improvise.

That's how we see Bellatrix wondering around the building. She's been her a few times, a few times which were enough for her to know the buildings paths. She decided that if they needed her that much they'd be waiting in the office.

Walking toward there, there was this feeling in her heart that made it feel as if a dark force was capturing her heart and turning it cold black. The same feeling she'd always feel when she talks with The Captor or when she is just near of his presence.

She knocked on the office door out of politeness because she was feeling a bit scared deep down inside of her. When she received no answer, she opened the door to find it was empty (unlike what her brain imagined of zombie detectives and dead detectives). Not even her brother was in their, nor was one of his best mates. It made Bellatrix confused as to why nobody was in the office at a time like this,

Maybe they have separate missions at the moment, thought Bellatrix.

She was about to leave when something caught her eye. Being a Drama student, she always loved to spot her family in between scenes of her plays and shows. When she was saying something that she felt resembled that certain person in her family she'd look at them, but that is only if they came to her show. It's a fun game she made for herself because she'd always see them smiling at their daughter or sister and that itself encourages Bellatrix much more. Because of that, her startling, dark grey eyes were just like eyes of an eagle, easily spotting things.

Being curious, she moved slowly forward to the case of the thing that caught her eye. Getting closer she noticed it was a newly pinned paper on the board. Standing right in front of the board, she noticed that the handwriting was not one that she knew. Reading the paper, she couldn't believe her grey eagle eyes.

New Suspects
Benjamin Fenwick
Hestia Jones
Bellatrix Black
Lily Evans

She was a... suspect? That's when small clues started forming in her brain. Headquarters needing them all of a sudden. Sirius's mood. Narcissa's way of answering her sister's questions. It all made sense now. Someone put her as a suspect and her family did not like that. More importantly, she was a suspect.

Bellatrix ran to the woman's restroom, not wanting to cry in the office where anyone can see her.

._._._._._.

Narcissa was in the woman's toilet, both Dorcas and Lily long gone. She was pacing around in the bathroom. This was the same place she told Sirius that she was pregnant, making him be the first of her siblings to know (even though it happened in an unexpected way).

She was pacing around when the restroom's door suddenly opened. In came her sister, Bellatrix Black, with red eyes and a runny nose.

"Bella, what happened?" asked Narcissa as she enveloped Bellatrix into a hug.

"When were you going to tell me that I'm part of the new suspects?" cried out Bellatrix the question.

Narcissa couldn't talk. She wanted to ask how her sister found out. She wanted to tell her that it wasn't Sirius's fault. She wanted to tell her that it'll be okay, but Narcissa knew it wouldn't. So she just stayed there and hugged her sister until her crying reduced.