Chapter 46

Sorry for the horrible wait :( This isn't much, more of a filler. I just haven't felt like writing lately. I've been reading in my free time. Plus, college has stepped up in its challenge and is kicking my butt. I should have been studying instead of writing this chapter. But I knew its been so long.

So here it is, in it's meh glory. Enjoy!

...........................

(Emery's POV)

I head towards the direction of the living room, intent on finding my dogs while Beau talks to his dad. Their conversations tend to take some time. I don't pry, knowing Beau will eventually tell me what happened.

I find six furry butts facing me, with wagging tails smacking the table. Their attention is all on Maya who is handing each one a dog biscuit. Each one takes the cookie gentle and quickly eats it, before waiting for her to dole out another one. "What 'cha doing Maya?" I ask in my super friendly voice that I use for kids. Luke and Fly hop up and glance, wanting to come to me, but the prospect of treats keeps them in place.

"Giving them cookies." She says sweetly, before passing out another round of biscuits.

"Wanna see something cool?" I ask, making my way toward the group. Maya nods. I grab a few treats in my hand, getting all of their attentions. "Paw." I command with my empty hand out. Fly immediately lifts up her foot, throwing it into my palm. Angel waves hers out, too, earning herself a treat. The others watch in confusion, not getting the trick, so I give them all a treat for sitting there politely. "Now other paw." I switch hands, and Angel and Fly switch feet.

Maya watches quietly, but in amazement as I go through different tricks that they all can do, like crawling, bowing, sitting pretty, and spinning in circles. I can tell she's getting antsy with wanting to try it too, so I let her. "Here. See if you can get them to do anything." I let her take my place in front of the group.

"Paw." She points at there feet. Fly and Angel hand her theirs, and she gives them treats. She switches hands, and they immediately start throwing out their other foot. Fly gets so excited that she continuously switches between both her feet, making it look like she's marching or prancing. Maya looks up at me and smiles brightly. I smile back.

Even though I don't especially care for kids, Maya is too polite and well behaved to not like her. She isn't one of those spoiled little brats that scream and cry anytime something doesn't go their way. Or that run away wherever they please with their parents letting them. Maya is quiet and kind and listens to whatever you have to say. She seems like she's an intelligent girl.

A clearing throat has me looking up, expecting Beau, but it's not. Holly stands there, not looking anything like she did when I last saw her. For starters, her clothes actually fit her without the chance of suffocation in her white, silky, collared sleeveless shirt with a blue and green floral maxi skirt. Her blond hair sits in a messy bun on the top of her head, and her face is devoid of makeup, revealing a dusting a freckles all over her face. She didn't need makeup in my opinion, since she had that natural beauty.

"Hi." She says unsurely, looking at me and then down to Maya with the dogs. At the sound of her voice, Zeus growls low in his throat in warning. I glare at him, he immediately stops.

"Hey." I say awkwardly. She shouldn't be trying to be civil with me right now. Last time I checked, she hated my guts.

She says something too quickly for me to catch, bringing me from my thoughts to see her watching me nervously.

"I didn't catch that." I say sheepishly. Then she huffs and rolls her eyes.

"I said that I'm sorry." She says quietly, before going on at her normal tone, it lacking that stuck up sound it had before. "I shouldn't have acted that way at you. I was just jealous that Beau found his mate and it wasn't me. Then I found out that it was some human-"