Chapter 44

So so so SO sorry about the wait!!! D: D: All I can say is college!! I got kinda behind on work, and then realized how soon the semester was ending! Then finals came strutting up and boom! No time to write!

But now, exams are over, I have a month break, so I can write more. :)

Also, big thanks to new fans and old fans for sticking with me! I hope you enjoy this chapter. If you're commenting, I appreciate it. I have a habit of not always answering them, mainly because Wattpad very rarely tells me that people comment, but I do read them all when I check my email.

So, again, thanks for waiting patiently. Enjoy this chapter. The ending is soon to come, not in the extremely near future, but close.

Happy reading!

...........................

(Emery's POV)

"Get out! Out, out, out!" I demand, he listens, backing away slowly but still facing me. Good boy. His eyes are intense as he watches me, waiting for me to make the next move. I can tell see him hesitate a step forward, but I need space away from him. He was being way to clingy. I back up a little, the grass tickling my bare feet.

"No." I chastise with a glare when he takes a step forward. "Keep going." He shuffles his feet back a little more, still not breaking eye contact. This feels like a good distance away from him. He needs to learn-

"What are you doing?" Beau calls from the porch behind me. I take a quick glance back at him, before looking back over to the crouching Lucas who's still waiting for me to throw the frisbee.

"Teaching him to catch a frisbee." I fling the plastic disk Luke's way. It flies over his head in a nice, level path. He tries to grab it, clipping its edge and sending it rolling across the ground. He charges forward at it, still misses it, and tumbles head over tail (literally). When he finally does have it, he comes running back to me, proud to have "caught" the plastic disk. "Good job." I praise him, even though he couldn't catch it.

It's been two weeks since the attack. Those vengeful supernaturals have not been found, nor have they attacked. The ones that they caught still haven't talked, so no other information as been discovered. So everyone's been stuck and on edge. Though there has been some locations narrowed down.

It's also been two weeks since Beau bit into my shoulder. The bite had healed quickly, leaving a slightly darker scar. But the "two days" it would take to heal turned into a week. Luckily, Amanda covered for me and told work I was sick with the flu. I guess he forgot that I was a human who doesn't have accelerated healing. That entire week left me bedridden with a slight fever, fatigue, and body aches. Body aches meaning the throbbing ache in my shoulder. The first two days is normal to be weaker: for another werewolf.

The entire time, Beau rarely left my side, except to get me food or when I used the bathroom. His touching had gotten more frequent as well, and he was constantly kissing at my neck and his bite.  Apparently, the few days after being marked, the male is needier and touchy and wanting to provide for the female. Alphas are slightly worse, becoming possessive and territorial over a newly marked mate. Since I never really left my room, we never encountered the possessiveness.

These two weeks and new mark have also made me more aware of Beau. His emotions, his location, and even his smell are some things I can sense from him. Another effect of the mark, but our constant close proximity helped with that too. I'm not quite as jumpy with his touches, and I'm more accepting of him. My hesitation towards being in a relationship is still lingering in my mind, not even a magical bond can break that, but I find myself liking the idea of him being in my life. But I do find myself thinking of him more and wondering what he's doing. I've even once or twice thought about a future with him. Even about having a kid, and I'm not the biggest fan of children.