Chapter 32

Annnnddddddd I'm terribly sorry for that wait. D: Not only did I get unmotivated (yet again), but it felt like my days were going so ridiculously fast that by the time Wednesday came back around, I couldn't process writing anything.

Plus, I start college on the 20th!! :D Hopefully. That's another thing that kept my mind from writing. My college cannot get my admission right no matter how many times I come in.

But, enough about me, I'll let you read and enjoy this chapter. And then you can vote, and comment, and maybe even fan!

But I can't tell you how to run your life!

So adios! (Did I spell that correctly?)

------------------------------

(Emery's POV)

I pull open the gate, allowing Beau's Jeep to pass through. I close it as he heads up and parks next to my car, swiftly folding out of it.

"I'm so sorry!" He calls as his long strides close the distance between us.

"It's no big deal." I shrug nonchalantly.

"I still feel horrible." He pulls me into him, his face finding the crook of my neck. I'm awkwardly squished against his hard, tensed chest. I hesitantly bring my arms up to rest against his back; he gives me a wuick squeeze in response I hear him take deep inhales. This is a lot of reaction for someone just being late. His tension slowly diminishes, and he pulls back.

"Are you okay? You seem tense." I ask in concern. He seems to have some kind of internal debate before sighing.

"No. Just something my dad told me. It's just- there's a lot on my mind because of it, and I just- I don't know what to do or how to prevent it. It's so frustrating." He clenches his fists. I step back, and his eyes soften.

"Well if you need to go home, you can-"

"No!" He growls abruptly, making me jump. "Sorry, I'm freaking you out aren't you?"

"Just a bit." I say softly. "Just, calm down alright?" He nods. "Okay, let's get to work."

I give him a quick tour of the farm, starting with the horses and other livestock. Then I move onto the kennel building and showed him the puppy rooms, as well as the quarantine area for incoming dogs and puppies. Then I take him through Cheryl's house, so he can meet some of the household dogs. Delilah, the newest attention to the house, is the first to greet us. She's a hefty 70 pound Leopard Cur, a breed of dog bred in Louisiana for hunting hogs. Shes also has a hearing impairment, only hearing when you yell loudly, and slightly deformed eyes, though she's still able to see. She throws herself at me first, her front legs wrapped around my waist tightly as she leans her fawn and white head against my stomach. Her squinty, blue eyes stare up at me adoringly.

"It hasn't been that long Delilah, get off!" I grumble as I pry her legs off and drop her to the floor. She hops around my legs with the other dogs before doing the same to a smiling Beau. Once she's said hello to us, she begins sniffing around the house.

"Lots of interesting dogs." He comments. He looks around the interior of the mostly bare house, but doesn't mention it.

"That's not even the best part. Come on, I have something to show you." I go to grab his hand but find it too intimate, so I grab his wrist instead. I lead him out the back of the house towards our destination; the wolf hybrids.

All three had come into rescue because of what they were. Most states have a ban on owning them since they're considered exotics. Of course, when has the law ever stopped anyone? The first resident is Sage, who's a simple grey color. She came to us as a fourteen week old pup who had never received human contact. She was basically a wild wolf. The Delaware man who we had gotten her from had her parents too, but wasn't planning to let go of them. We got her, and I tried to make her more socialized. After several weeks of working with her, I was able to get her to approach us and get her caresses.