Prologue

"I think this obsession is turning into stalking," Jake speaks as we both sit hunched over, hiding behind a cluster of vines and bushes. I just ignore him as I continue watching. A pair of binoculars rest on the bridge of my nose as I follow the movement of a girl as she wanders around her front yard. Her dogs circling around her legs, causing each step she takes to be a cautious one.

She's the reason I've been coming to this old farm everyday at 3. She's the reason why the last 2 weeks I haven't been sleeping well. I've been more temperamental without her by my side. All I can think about is her. And I'm slowly losing it. I need her.

My mate. My one and only. The girl that I've watched for weeks but am yet to meet.

She climbs up the steps to the porch of the small rancher, calling for her 5 dogs to come into the house with her. She skillfully maneuvers out of the way as one flies over the steps, his momentum sending him flying into the door and opening it wider. She just shakes her head, closing the door behind her.

I sign, placing the binoculars on the ground and running a hand through my dark blonde locks. I wish there was a way to approach her, but I don't see her out and around. I've tried following her from the small rancher, but the long stretch of open grassy fields and grazing cattle aren't conducive to following her to her home. The regular rain storms and windy weather of Florida make it hard to trace her fresh scent of crisp apples, leaving that options off the table as well.

I've considered showing up to the house, asking her on a date. But how would I explain to her how I know her. 'Oh, I saw you from a mile away while I was moving grass.' I'm sure she'd call me creepy and call the police. I also can't tell her that she is my soul mate right away and that she belongs to me. Either of those options, she'd end up terrified of me, claiming I was a stalker.

I can't do that. My wolf wants to mate her, claim her as ours, but we must do it carefully, to avoid losing her.

"Come on, Beau," Jake rams his shoulder into mine, probably annoyed from sitting with me for the past hour as I watched my mate trudge through the decent sized property, caring for horses, dogs, and the few feral cats that live around here. He stands up, stretching his muscles. "We still have shit to do. We don't have all day to stalk your mate." He smirks. I just growl in response.

I reluctantly haul myself off the ground, grabbing my piece of spy gear. I look back at the rancher that is obscuring my mate from view, hoping to get one last glimpse of the day. Luck isn't on my side however.

We head to my ebony lifted Ford F-350. The both of us duck in, our tall bulky figures still manage to be squished within the double cabbed truck. We drive in silence, Jake on his phone, probably texting his mate Tess, while I think about my mysterious one.

I throw my head back and groan as we wait at a red traffic light. "This is just so frustrating!" I growl out. My knuckles turn white as I clutch my steering wheel hard. I want her, so bad. Why was I granted a human as my mate? I'd rather of had a witch or another supernatural, who at least knew about the world of werewolves.

But I don't regret her. She's perfect. Her lean, fit, and tanned body. Her long, toned legs that I can imagine wrapped around my waist. Her dark brown almost black curls that I wish I could tangle my fingers in. I just wish I knew what her eye color was. Would she have soft, doe eyes? Or bright baby blue? Maybe even gr-

HOONNKK! I look up to see the traffic light green. Behind me, an old Dodge pick up truck sits, its driver glaring at me with his horn blaring. "Assholes" I mutter under my breath as I take off.

I hope the fates stop torturing me and give me the chance to meet my mate soon, instead of having me stalk....no, observe her from the distance.