Chapter 10

Took long enough, right? Work has been hectic, and I've just been to lazy to finish this chapter. Now I'm home all alone with nothing else to do. So ta da! Enjoy!

And if there's any mistakes, feel free to tell be.

 -------------------------------

Chapter 10

(Beau's POV)

...And then her dogs barked and she pulled back. I don't think she could've gotten out of there faster.  I mind link to Jake, retelling him of last night's events. We are currently in wolf form, patrolling the territory. My dark silver wolf skillfully weaves in and out between the trees, gaining some distance from Jake. His brownish red wolf strides forward, just behind me.

So she didn't want to kiss you? He asks, confused. We both duck under a low branch, snapping some twigs off.

She didn't pull back when I leaned in. Her dogs just ruined the moment. I explain further, grumbling at the end. We slow to a stop at a stream. We crouch at the edge, lapping up the cool liquid. 

Then call her, ask her on another date. The way you described it, it seems like she enjoyed it. He encourages, swatting me with his tail.

That's the thing. She got out of there so quick, that I couldn't get her number! I exasperate, sounding desperate in my mind. I flop down and place my head on top on my paws, groaning. This is proving to be very difficult.

There's gotta be a way, dude. I mean, she works somewhere. She has hobbies. I can't imagine her sitting home all day, doing nothing. So come on, get up. He nudges me with his muzzle. When I don't get up, he nips me. I growl and snap at him, though he bounces back away from me. He smiles a wolfish grin at me, before he sprints off towards the pack house.

Game on. I push off the ground, pushing myself further and further. I catch up to Jake, and we continue home, plotting how to get Emery to like me.

Once we reach the house, we head to one of the many sheds located within pack territory. Inside, they contain clothes, medical supplies, food and water. We both slip on a pair of sweat pants, not bothering with shirts and grab a water bottle each before we walk up the back steps. Once inside, we slump on to the plush cocoa colored couch. Tyler is already there, lounging in the recliner, feet kicked up onto the table. Zeus is stretched acrossed the other couch, busily gnawing on a Kong toy.

"You know my mom will kill you if she sees your feet like that." I mutter, resting back on my arms that are folded behind my head. Zeus picks up his head to look at me, before going back to his bone. Tyler smirks.

"Well she's not here, is she?" He says smugly.

"Yes she is." My mom's southern voice floats into the room. Tyler jumps, his eyes wide while quickly pulling his feet off the table. Jake and I double over laughing at how scared Tyler is of my mom.

"Sorry, ma'am." Jake mumbles.

Mom comes into view, wearing a white sundress with yellow flowers all over it. Her auburn hair is pulled up in a high ponytail. She looks Tyler and me over before scowling, placing her hands on her hips. "Could you at last shower before kicking back on my couch?"

"Sorry, mom." I mutter at the same time Jake says, "sorry ma'am."

"And please quit calling me ma'am, it makes me feel old." She says sternly before leaving the room, but she stops at the doorway. "And Beau, I plan on hearing about what happened at your date, you hear me?" With that, she left. I groan. She's gonna blame me for scaring Emery off. Zeus grunts as he hops off the couch. He grabs his toy before cocking his leg on the table.