Chapter 40

I find this chapter to be kinda dull guys, but it needs to be done to move forward. Plus, its been SO long since I've updated, that I needed to do something.

College is a lot harder than expected. Actually, only two of them are time consuming. Plus add school full time to working full time, and you've got an exhausted, unmotivated human being.

Luckily, today I didn't have work or school!! And I got up extra early to watch the eclipse!! :D Which turned out to be a fail, since my backyard is so heavily wooded, that I could just faintly see the reddish hue of the moon.

Anyways, I won't bore you any longer, since this isn't an exciting chapter either.

Til next time!

-----------------------

(Beau's POV)

"Come here." I whisper, sliding my hands under Emery's form and pulling her from the car's interior. She stirs slightly as I cradle her against me. Half sleepy eyes peer up at mine. "Go back to sleep." I murmur soothingly in her hair.

"My dogs..." She moans into my chest. My body clenches at the sound.

I swallow harshly, pushing down the thoughts that arose. Bad timing, mind.

"They're safe." I say. After I loaded her into the car, I told Tyler to grab her dogs and bring them to the house top. They are probably five minutes behind me.

"Hmm." She whispers in approval. Her eyes fall shut as she snuggles further into my chest.

I squeeze her tighter into me. I love this. I love how she feels against me, how perfectly she fits. I hate the circumstances, but I don't hate how she came to me for comfort. It means that the mate bond is starting to effect her too.

I carry her through the house and up the stairs. Since my room is still destroyed, I place her in the bed I laid awake in earlier that night. She doesn't protest as I let her go and tuck her under the covers. She immediately curls onto her side though.

I lay a kiss on her temple before reluctantly leaving her. I have to help my dad sort this Ace mess out before anyone else gets hurt.

We're out front. Tyler links. I quickly descend down the stairs, the front door opening as I hit the last step.

"They wouldn't come in on their own." Tyler huffs with the dogs Luke and Starr in his arms. Both are trying to wiggle out of his grasp. When he places them on the floor, they immediately begin scrabbling around on the wooden flooring. Angel and Fly follow in behind him with Jake at the rear with Edward. Their noses hit the ground as they all examine the strange place, slowly venturing away from us.

"They're taking the rogues out back to the cells. Our dads are already there dealing with them." Jake informs.

I nod. "Alright, I guess I'll head on over..." I trail off when the heavy thumping footfall of Zeus can be heard in the living room. "I hope Emery's dogs get along with Zeus." I comment, heading into the other room where the dogs wandered.

The dogs come into view and seem to be interacting alright. Sniffing each other, standing tall to assert dominance. Though, Angel, who tends to slink around a lot, didn't seem to have good motives as she watched Zeus bouncing at the red and white dog. When Zeus lowers his head with his rear in the air, Angel moves forward to stick her face in his, growling and showing her teeth.

"Hey!" I shout, hoping to distract her, but it doesn't work. She begins snapping at his face, stunning the oversized puppy. Zeus yelps, scrambling to get away but only manages to trip over his own feet. His body slams to the ground as Angel pins him down, snapping at his face and throat. He yelps and whimpers in horror at the demonic dog.