Chapter 38

And here it is, sooner than I expected. Enjoy it, vote on it, and comment if you're brave!

Also, this isn't important, but more like an fyi. IF you like my story and my writing in general, I have created a section that I'm starting to write down some ideas of stories that I would like to write. If you want to check it out, see whats in the future, go to The Idea Catalog.

Okay, that is all. :)

-------------

(Emery's POV)

"I had it all under control." I grumble to a glaring Beau.

"What even possessed you to try to pull a werewolf back in the middle of a fight? You could have gotten hurt. You did get hurt!" Beau chastises me all the while leading me down to the medical wing of the mansion.

"I knew what I was doing. And I barely have a scratch, you're overreacting." I mumble uncaring.

I was successfully able to pry the bitchy girl off of Zeus. I just grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and gripped her flank, yanking her away from the puppy. Of course she turned to snap at me, but I already predicted it and was able to keep her jaws away by twisting her scruff and turning away from her, the struggle between us forming a large circle as I kept swinging her away from me. The only reason I got my scratch, was when was began flailing around when I knocked her into her side to pin her until she calmed down. One of her front feet did rake across my arm and left two red marks, but I've had worse. It was expected that she'd resist, not wanting to submit to me, but I had more willpower to keep her down, using my entire body to press into her chest, restricting air flow and forcing her to give in.

I don't know who was more shocked, the shewolf beneath me, or the pack members who rushed out at the first sound of struggle. No one had time to dwell on it brfore I was then whisked away by a raging Beau who examined every inch of skin, glaring at the angry red scratch down my arms, no matter how much I assured him that I was okay. I mean, it stung a bit, and I was out of breath, but I was perfectly fine.

The bitch, whose name I learn is Holly, was rushed to the hospital wing immediately, much to Beau's dismay. He warned her that consequences may come from endangering me during the fight with Zeus. Little does he know that she originally attacked me. I can't even imagine his reaction when he learns this.  Besides the healing wounds on her legs from Zeus's initial attack, he also managed to lay a few good rips to her next area. Zeus also had a few holes around his neck area, some needing stitches since he lacks the quick regeneration. All in all, he looked worse than he actually was with blood painting his white coat red, but most of it was smeared on from Holly during the struggle.

"You could've gotten hurt." He murmurs in concern. He wraps his strong arms around me to pull me against him.

"But I didn't, I knew what I was doing." My voice is muffled by his shirt.

"And why do you know how to break apart a fight, because very few wolves would be willing to jump in to break up a wolf fight, let alone a human." He pulls back and gazes into my eyes. I scoff.

"What are you trying to say about humans?" I cross my arms.

"That they aren't as strong as werewolves and would never do what you just did." We reach the medical wing, where he immediately takes me into an examination room.

"I'm stronger than I look Beau. Give me some credit here. Look at my guns." I joke, posing my arm muscles. They weren't a bodybuilder's and definitely didn't scream "I work hard," but I did have strength hidden within them.

"So impressive." He replies sarcastically.

"Yeah I know." I grin cockily. He rolls his eyes, but doesn't reply since the doctor comes in.