Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Beau's POV)

"What's up with the shirt?" Tyler blurts out. I glare at him, but he seems unfazed, staring at the tropical themed shirt of my mate.

"Huh?" She looks up, confused. Her emerald green eyes distant, obviously lost in thought. Ever since she's gotten in the car, she's been silence except for the directions to her house. She's also positioned herself as far away from me as possible, which has both me and my wolf frustrated.

"Your shirt, what's up with it?" He says again, humored by her confusion.

She looks down at her shirt, and her eyes widen as if she just realized she was wearing it. Then a light blush tints her cheeks. I bite back a laugh. "Oh gosh. I forgot I was wearing it. It's my work uniform."

"What did you do to piss off your boss then?" Jake jokes around.

She smiles and shakes her head. "It's a pet resort. My boss must of been thinking about the Hawaiian resorts and the shirts they wear, ergo, this horrid shirt."

"Actually..." She starts before she begins pulling the cotton polo off to reveal a blue tank top underneath.

The tank top rises as she pulls it over her head, allowing me to see part of her flat belly and what looks like some kind of tattoo. I try to get a better look, but she pulls her top back down, hiding it from view. What I wouldn't give to be able to strip  off her top right now and trace the lines of the tattoo with my fingers. And then I'd trace it with my tongue with her begging me to-

Stop it. I need to stop these thoughts that my wolf is feeding me. I cannot freak her out, I just found her again.

"So what's your name?" I ask.

(Emery's POV)

What's my name? Should I give it to them? They are complete strangers to me. Strangers that stopped to help me when no one else would. If I just give them my first name, they can't track me down, right? What's it matter though, they'll know where I live either way.

"It's Emery." I state.

The blonde leans towards me, his large frame hovering over my small one. My breath hitches when I feel his hot breath tickle my neck and my ear. "My name's Beau." He whispers. I weakly nod my head. He straightens himself, a smirk plastered on his face.

Why am I reacting like this? I know I'm nervous around people, but this, this is foreign to me.

"Jake." The raven headed boy announces.

The brown headed boy turns around in his seat, a big boyish grin on his face. "I'm Tyler." I see Beau glare at him from the corner of my eye. They seem to have some sort of mental battle, one that Tyler loses. Hm. Gotta be a best friend thing.

The truck turns down the dirt road that leads to my rancher. It's similar to my aunt's, but is smaller and actually has a barn. Once we've passed the last house on the bumpy road, I catch a glimpse of my two horses grazing in one of their three 2 acre pastures. Once they notice the truck, they whinny and start galloping along the fence line, following the truck. The windy road curves through a patch of trees, and then the little red brick home comes into view. The small, four-horse barn is located on the opposite side of the house. I hear the barks of my 5 dogs as they struggle to look out the curtained windows.

"This is it." I say as the truck slows to a stop at the front on the house. I pulled up the lock and swung the door open, quickly jumping out of the cab, bag and lunch box in hand. "Thanks for the ride, guys. Did you guys need gas money?" I ask, willing to pay for my generosity.

"No, that's fine, I was actually won-" Beau is cut off by the sounds of ferocious growling. The three guys tense up and peer around them, as if expecting an attack. I immediately dash onto my porch, tossing my bags onto the swinging chair.

"ANGEL!" I shout at Angel, the eldest of my border collies and complete trouble maker. If there's an argument, she's always involved. She jumps off of Starr, the youngest  pup, who had been pinned to the ground with Starr fighting to be let up. The four border collies all rush to my side, jumping up onto me as I attempt to pet them all.

"Come on, kids, outside!" I call to them, pushing through them to open the front door. The four border collies push and shove, attempting to get out of the door first .Barks erupt outside, signaling that the four just noticed the strange truck in the driveway. I hurry to my bedroom to plug my phone in, before looking for the fifth dog.

Edward, the pariah of the group and the only non-border collie, comes trotting from the kitchen with an orange in his mouth. "Edward, what did you do?" I grab his collar and pull the orange out of his mouth. That's when I began to notice the strong scent of citrus around the house.

I walk into the kitchen, only to find that the dogs had gotten on to the countertop and tipped over the fruit bowl. Bananas, apples, oranges, and peaches lay scattered on the floor with chunks missing. Guess I better clean this up real quick, I think as I grab the trashcan.