-(12)

"Relax. Cool down. Be indifferent."

She kept repeating these words , smoothing out the none existing creases on her dress. Today she decided to go a little . . .neutral.

From inside , she was bursting with un contained happiness and excitement but from outside she had the image of everything is under control. The Jacquemus pale skirt had a waistband that she tied so hard, her figure seemed like an hourglass.

Finally she had a chance to wear her favorite nude heels .

Nothing can ever go wrong with nude heels, that's what Madame Delores had said anyways.

"If confusion gets the best of you, go for nudes." Madame had said and Gloria had noted it down on her pad and in her head .

It was always the little tricks and tips with your outlook that made you stand out from the rest.

At least that's what she believed in.

To be very true to herself, she wanted to dress up in a ball gown and enter the school . . greeting him with a bow. And then him kissing her—

She stomped down on the breaks.

No kissing!

He was a friend. .

God! , She flipped her sheet of golden hair , her nerves really need to stop putting her heart in trouble. There should be nothing but platonic relationship between them and that was exactly how it will be!

She had ushered Mia to the class because she told her she had to visit the loo when in reality she was standing beside her locker, her eyes trained on the corridor. .her heels tapping on the floor.

Waiting.

"Can I talk to you?" A voice squeaked from behind her.

She didn't look back.

"No you can't. " She said absently.

Why can't people just let her be for a minute? Why can't people just stop coming at her when she was doing her job?

"Umm there's a tag hanging on your back."

"Okay." Was all she said.

Honestly all these boys wanted was to talk to her and —

She whirled around!

Her golden hair slapping the guy in the face, his eyes squinting.

She remembered him! Luke! The nerd!

"Are you serious?! Get it off me ! " She cried clearly panicked as she looked back towards the corridor in horror.

"How?" He pushed his glasses up his nose, his eyes noting her shaking up .

She turned around , her back to him.

"Snatch it. Do something! God please!"

Her cries unnerved him a little bit still with shaking fingers , he reached out catching the tag in his hand and then tugging at it hard—but it didn't work so he he bent down , ripping the wire with his teeth. .the tag fell to the floor.

"It's done."

She breathed a sigh of relief while turning towards him.

"Thank you so much Luke!" Gratitude was clear on her face.

"You-you remember my name?" He asked , surprised.

Gloria grinned .

"Why yes! Once you cross my path you can't be forgotten." She winked, seeing the tips of his ears turning pink.