- (11)

Something strange happened.

He was having a drink with a random girl , eyeing her up and down and ticking her off for tonight. It wasn't like it was from his side only.

The brunette had been on his tail from quite some time.

Bumping into him.

Fingers grazing his arm.

That tease in her eyes.

And then he just let her in, seducing her into thinking she got him. .that she fooled him and she was about to get him home.

The brunette was laughing at his joke which wasn't even that funny to be honest but then something. . or someone caught his gray eyes.

Gloria standing near the bar , looking around as if not sure which way to go. The disco lights bouncing on her golden locks, a knee length skirt putting her long legs on the show. .eyes peering at her . Every rooster puffing up into approaching her .

"Are you listening?" Brunette's voice asked , a little annoyed but he still didn't look at her.

Instead he got off the stool as a "What the fuck?!" was hurled his way and went up to Gloria .

Now what compelled him to go up to her? He still wasn't sure about it. . something about her looking like a lost person. .vulnerable. .a little unsure. .a harassed doe.

And then he had said , or more like blurted out a word that sounded so alien. .he had never said this word for as far as he can remember.

It just wasn't . .his .

That word wasn't his to say.

"Stay."

Her eyes had widened with. . . disbelief? And then those emerald eyes had narrowed.

"What's your problem Logan? "

He had smirked .

"Which one would you like to hear first?"

Again his reply did something to her like she found him odd.

Strange.

Gloria rolled her eyes.

"Can you please back off now? I have to go home." She said , so closed off. So distant. A complete parallel of the person who kept coming after him.

"I'll. If you answer my question." He said gently not moving an inch.

She must have seen the determination on his face because she sighed softly. .

"Shoot."

"I want to be your," he bit his lower lip thinking for the right word to say," friend."

"Friend?" She repeated dubiously.

He nodded trying not to stare at her lips too much. She was so. . . beautiful. Her aura radiated warmth. She was the most peculiar person he had ever seen. He had met her warm side and . .her off side too. Right now.

She glanced in his eyes.

"I'll answer only. .when you answer mine." She said turning the tables around.

He didn't say anything.

All he did was nod.

He wanted to see what she had up her sleeves.

Gloria's gaze flickered towards his arm and then his chest.

"What does. . your tattoo mean?"

A shadow of surprise passed over his face and she liked that he wasn't expecting to hear this.