You hate me.

Hello. So last nights stream was intense and it gave me ideas.

Today's story will be our first ship story! I know i'm scared too. This will be a dreamnotfound story, mostly angst with some fluff, no explicit content. Dream and George did say they were alright with ship fics so please enjoy and don't come for me.

This takes place in an interaction between Dream and George after last nights stream.

Enjoy!
===================================

George panted. Sweat dripped down his face and soaking into his blue shirt. He pulled off his armor and set it aside. He peeled off his clothes and rinsed off, changing into a fresh set of pants and a clean blue T-shirt.

Dream doesn't care about us, George.

He needed a break. There was no way Dream could really hate them. The three of them were best friends. And George always thought there was something there between him and Dream. Your heart doesn't flutter and your stomach doesn't clench for just anyone, does it?

George sat out on his porch swing, the nighttime air messed up his hair just slightly, the disheveled look on his face from the events earlier that day made him look stern and intimidating in an interestingly soft way.

George heard a tussle in the bushes. He grabbed his sword from beside him and held it out in front of him defensively.

"Who's there? I have a sword and I know how to use it!"

"Calm down, silly! It's just me." Dream's dorky voice said from behind him.

George felt a pang in his chest. He sat back down, legs feeling like jelly. "I don't want to talk to you Dream."

"What? Why not? We talk everyday, you know this is my favorite."

"No, Dream. Sapnap and Quackity told me the truth."

Dream looked perplexed, but he didn't sit just yet. He could tell George was distressed by his presence and he figured it were best to keep his distance just for now.

"What- what do you mean, George? What truth?"

"You hate us, Dream. You hate... me." George said. Tears welled up in his eyes as he tried to swallow the lump forming in his throat. He wasn't just upset. He was angry. For years, he'd been best friends with this man and somewhere along the line, he had fallen in love with him. George spent so much time and energy on him. Too much to be hurt by him now.

"George that's not-"

"ADMIT IT DREAM!" George snapped. He couldn't take it. The shards of his heart began to cut into his chest and he just couldn't. "YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT THOSE DAMN DISKS! YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN TOMMY! DREAM ADMIT IT. YOU HATE US. YOU HATE ME, DON'T YOU?"

Dream lunged forward, pinning George against the wall. All the breath was knocked out of George's lungs. His heart rate picked up, his stomach went tight. Dream was right in front of him, he could feel his warm breath reach his lips.

Dream reached up and pulled his mask off. His cheeks were flushed with rage. His green eyes sent a pant down George's spine. George inhaled sharply.

"Oh, George. Don't EVER compare me to that no good lame excuse for a warrior." His voice had a familiar edge to it. He spoke in an assertive manner but his voice still shook like he had been hurt.

A slight whimper came out of George's mouth. He was sweating again now. Dream was so close. Despite his rage, George still felt so nervous. Dream. Dream almost close enough to kiss him. George pushed the image out of his mind. Dream seemed mad.

"Dream-"

"NO GEORGE, YOU LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW! I DON'T HATE YOU AT ALL! It hurts that I made you think that. GEORGE! It's purely the opposite," Dream leaned forward a little more, he had to hold himself firm. He stepped back. "George. I LOVE YOU GEORGE AND HELL IF I LET YOU DIE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS EARTH! I HAD TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CROWN BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING TO ATTACK YOU AND I CAN'T LOOSE YOU GEORGE! I CAN'T! IF I LOOSE YOU, THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TK EVEN FIND THOSE DISKS BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE YOH TO BE HERE WITH ME!"

George sat there, crumbled on the floor. His face was surely a deep crimson. "Dream," he breathed.

George tenderly stood up. He didn't know what to say. Dream stayed where he was, his cheeks a bright shade of scarlet.

"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." He tried to hide the shaking in his legs. He didn't want George to realize that he had immediately regretted everything he'd done as soon as he'd done it.

George stepped forward and put his hands on Dreams shoulders. The elation he felt to Dreams confession was almost too much to keep down. He sighed, all feelings from before left his body. "So you don't hate me then?"

Dream laughed. "Of course not. I meant what I said, George, I love you."

George backed up into the wall, bracing himself, his legs felt like jelly beneath him. His arms felt like cooked spaghetti. He raked his hands through his hair.

"George?" Dream asked, he'd begun to feel nervous. Had George not felt the same? Dream cautiously stepped forward.

George quickly grabbed Dreams shirt without thinking twice and pulled him in. Dream inhaled sharply through his nose at the surprise, but then he let himself melt into George. He let himself feel happy and at peace, for one moment, he let himself feel what he promised he never would. Love.