012

January 27th, 2020

"-And as the days go on, the cases get worse.
Doctors say that this could lead to a worldwide lockdown." The lady on the news spoke.

Nicole and Maya were on the couch, online shopping together. The roommates had decided that they needed change. They painted their walls a pastel purple color, ordered new furniture and now were looking at decorations.

"You know, you should change your room color. Set a theme." Maya said, glancing at her Nicole.

"I was thinking about that. I kinda wanna go for a grey theme." She said, thinking about it. "Would the grey would look good with the purple?"

"Yeah, and if it doesn't, we could always just repaint your room." Maya said, turning her laptop to show Nicole a beanbag chair she had found.

The two fell back into a comfortable silence, occasonally showing eachother something.

The silence was broken by Mayas phone ringing.

She read the caller ID and quickly stood up.

"It's my dad. He never calls unless it's something important." She said, putting the phone up to her ear.

Nicole watches as her bestfriends face falls.

"W-what do you mean its back?" a tear fell. "The doctors said it wouldn't come back! They said Mom would be fine!" another fell. Then another.

Nicole wasn't sure exactly what was happening, but she had a good guess.

"They removed the damn tumor Dad!" At this point, Maya was sobbing. Nicole watched as her bestfriend ended the call and fell back onto the couch, gasping for air between sobs.

As Nicole helped control Maya's breathing, she spoke up.

"I have to go see her, Nicole." She said, a small hiccup escaping her.

"Maya, honey, I know how hard this must be. But theres a virus-"

Maya cut her off. "I don't care about a fucking virus! My mother is dying! Her brain tumor is back and bigger!"

Nicole opened her mouth, but Maya quickly started speaking again.

"And you damn well know that its gonna be worse this time. She is going through hell, Nicole!"

"Okay," Nicole spoke softly "go see your mom. Tell her I said I love her."

She gathered her things and went back to her room, leaving Maya in the living room alone.

Nicole knew that there was nothing she could say or do to make the situation better. The first time Mayas mom had a tumor, Nicole was there.

Nicole remembered laying in bed with Maya for hours, holding her while she cried her heart out.

But this time, it was different. It was back and bigger than before. Maya didn't need Nicole to hold her anymore.

Nicole layed on her bed. 30 minutes went by. Then an hour. Then two.

Nicoles door opened slowly, causing the girl to sit up.

"Hey um- I'm sorry for blowing up. I know theres a virus, beleive me I do. But it's my mom, Nicky."

Nicole held open her arms to the younger girl.

"Its only a two hour drive. So not far, but I am going. I'll tell her you said hi." Maya mumbled into Nicole shoulder.

"You better. And please be safe and wear your mask everywhere you go. I don't feel like catching this corona shit." she said, followed by a small laugh.

The two pulled apart and bid their goodbyes, before Maya was out the door.

---------------

A/N: HI SO UM THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE VERY SAD SO IM JUST WARNING YOU LOL.

ALSO, ME AND SARAH WERE JUST WATCHING QUACKITYS STREAM AND UM-

WHAT THE HELL.

ANYWAYS

I LOVE YOU

-BELLA