Chapter 18

We all arrived at Xanders and as we pulled up the gates had closed behind us. I had been on the phone with Aster who had been begging me to come home so he knew I was safe but I promised I would be ok at Xander's. I was still shaken up from the entire thing, not processing it fully. We entered into Xander's, deadbolting the door behind. We all gathered in the main living area where the TV was broadcasting the damage that had happened.

"A tragic event has taken place at Northeast High School, right outside of the city. Students returned to their classes after lunch and the classes soon became chaos. There have been reported a number of 12 injuries and as of right now no reported deaths." The reported stared blankly into the computer screen.

My heart sunk as the camera panned over the school where kids were gathered with their parents, crying their eyes out after being traumatized. There was no report on Knox, but considering how powerful the Coinston gang was I was sure they were not going to be caught for their crimes.

We all watched the TV in complete silence and tension-filled the atmosphere. Xander picked up the remote and turned off the tv, turning to face everybody "This is bad. Our problems with Coinston are one thing, but when they bring others into this. They are after something, and Aspen you are that something."

"What? Why me?" I asked blatantly confused. Knox was mad for me blowing out his tires and getting Pierce to beat him at the mall, but no type of mad to be willing to shoot up a school. I knew there had been more to the story than what was being led on. Everyone's eyes snapped over to me and Archer stood up to join Xander.

"Xander's right. We are all in danger but Aspen especially. They see you as an in, you're new and they see that as a weakness. Your brother is a Westwood and you're a Crestmont; in their eyes, you know everything about the gang system there is. They want something and we don't know what that is yet, but from now on everyone travels in pairs. Even the guys, we don't need to lose members."

"Right, and everyone is staying here tonight till we can get a radar on Kingston and the rest of the Coniston. It's safer if we are together." Xander insisted, this day just getting longer as we were now all trapped here.

"Harley, Sawyer, Pierce, Juniper, and Aspen we need to talk in my office. Everyone else is allowed to roam." Xander ordered while we all followed him into his office while he shut the glass doors behind.

"There's a lot you don't know Ambrosia and the longer in the dark the more at risk you are at. We need to go over everything so you don't become a threat to yourself." Xander explained. "That includes the history of gangs," Sawyer spoke up in agreement with Xander. I looked over to Juniper who stood with her arms crossed and looking defeated.

Pierce leaned back up against the doors, staring directly ahead and I looked around to everyone who had an uneasy look. "The Crestmont's have been going on for generations. It was to protect the streets of the city but also a way to make money. Crestmont leadership has been passed down from generation to generation, always running within the Gunner Family. The Crestmont's have always been one of the most powerful gang's but the leadership took a turn."

"Crestmont was in a time of crisis. RSP was crashing after a blockade had been forced in by other gangs. As well as the gang had started to fall apart, that is till one person became a leader in replace of our father in Crestmont." Harley spoke up.

"Your mom," Sawyer stated.

"My mom? What are you talking about-"

"Ashlynn Elias Ambrosia was one of the strongest members. Your mom grew up in New York as you know, she joined Crestmont as a teen and went head to head with our dad as the gang grew but also crashed. Your mom was a member since she turned 16 and all the way up till she met your dad. Aspen your mom turned this gang around and became the first ever female Crestmong gang leader." Xander went on to explain "She left for Seattle and that's when Archer became leader then years later Archer and I became co-leaders. What did your mom do for work Aspen?"