Chapter 24

It was Tuesday and in my opinion, they were even worse than Mondays were. I sighed as Pierce had pulled up to Mercury's house, only to reveal her come out the front door. She walked down the porch steps before throwing her bag into the car and taking her seat in the passenger seat. I was now banned to the back seat because Pierce now became Mercury's driver.

Mercury didn't say anything to Pierce, and I just knew she was mad about last night. Her great plan backfired on her and everybody saw that it did. She had no one to blame but herself and I couldn't help but laugh at her stupidity. I mean what girl really thinks that letting another girl give your boyfriend a lap dance, was going to go over well?

Pierce backed out of her drive before taking off down the road to head to school. I watched Pierce's eyes glance back at me through the rearview mirror, but I ignored it the best I could. I was still mad at him for what he said to me yesterday, he crossed the line big time. Mercury let out a deep sigh as she stared out the window, a sigh that said Look-At-Me-I'm-An-Attention-Whore. I rolled my eyes knowing that she was only trying to get Pierce to ask what was wrong.

"What?" Pierce asked just annoyed as I was. Mercury's head snapped over to Pierce with her mouth gaping open "Are you serious? 'What'?" She scoffed, mad at Pierce's tone "How about you ask what's wrong instead for christ's sake!"

 "What's wrong Mercury?" Pierce asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he continued to stare ahead at the road. There was nothing worse than being in a car with toxic #1 and toxic #2 but especially when they were together. "What's wrong?!" She exclaimed "How about last night when you-"

"Woah, stop." I interrupted her "You did it to yourself. You can't blame him for your decision. You're so caught up in competing with me that you didn't even think how badly it would end for you. I mean what girl tells another girl to give her boyfriend a lap dance?"

She looked back at me with a glare "Competing with you? You don't even come close to me."

"Oh right, tell that to your boyfriend's dick," I said sarcastically, inching closer to her from my seat "And maybe you shouldn't be such a bitch, might get you somewhere other than hell."

Mercury looked over at Pierce and slapped his arm when he didn't respond "Aren't you going to say anything to her?!" Pierce's eyes glanced back to me before over to Mercury "What do you want me to say?" 

"You're a piece of a shit boyfriend! You never do anything fucking right!" Mercury shouted at him as we pulled up to the school. Pierce ignored her yells before they got more aggressive as he put the car in park. I watched between the both of them as Mercury continued to shout. 

"Maybe I'll call your dad and tell him to beat you so you get some fucking common sense!" She shouted and Pierce stared ahead at the windshield, completely silent. I saw the rest of the gang standing outside of their cars while waiting for the first bell to ring. Mercury pushed the door open before slamming it shut behind her. I looked over at Pierce who was so silent, it scared me. 

I climbed to the front and pushed the passenger seat, standing up straight once I was out of the car. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled, Mercury whirling around to face me. Pierce had said awful things to me but I wasn't going to sit there and watch him take emotional abuse from his so-called girlfriend. 

The rest of the gang became silent, stopping their conversations once they realized the tension that had filled the air. Mercury's lips tugged up into a smirk, anger radiating off of her "What? You don't agree? Maybe it'd do him some good use to get beat a little more."

I couldn't just listen to her, someone needed to put her in her place so it would all end. Her ego was out there, there was no humbling her at this point. After a short car ride I could see Mercury was the instigator in their relationship, she loved to create problems.