Bonus Chapter - Prom

"Ok June, I think that's enough highlight." I pulled back from Juniper who held the makeup brush in her hand before placing her hands on her hips, giving me a narrowed eye look. It was prom night, and of course, we all had procrastinated in getting ready. I looked over into the mirror to see my makeup completely finished as well as my hair.

"There is no such thing as too much highlight." June corrected as she stood behind me in the mirror. I leaned forward, finishing up the red lipstick on my lips before rubbing both my lips together. I couldn't believe it had been the middle of may already, we were graduating in two weeks. 

Senior year had definitely been a year to remember. I moved to New York, only to find out my brother was in a gang. Was personally humiliated by Crestmont at school and forced to have my own personal bodyguard that hated me. Was then forced to join a gang for my own protection, only to fall for my own personal bodyguard- Pierce Gunner. I learned how to fight, race, and so much more. After two shootings, one in school and one on new years eve, and outrunning the cops on multiple occasions-my life became anything but normal. 

Only to then be kidnapped by a rival gang that stirred up so much chaos to create enemies instead of allies. I was then met by my abusive ex-boyfriend, only to find out she was working with the rival gang. I also found out, my mother that had been pronounced dead for almost 5 years was still alive and being held captive, and also found out my mother used to be a former gang leader for the Crestmont gang. 

Needless to say, I needed one night where I could just be a normal teenager...

Standing up from the vanity, I turned around to see June and Triston both finishing up their own hair and make-up. We all decided to meet at Xander's and get ready here so we could also take pictures here. I walked over to the closet, grabbing my dress that was hung from the door and wrapped up in a dress bag.

Our prom theme was a ballroom, which meant every girl was about to show up in the biggest ballgowns they could find. My dress was a bright red, the kind that your eye would immediately snap over to due to the consistent vibrancy. The top was a deep v, showing some cleavage. The top was covered in small red flowers, shedding a path into the skirt of the dress before fading away into the rest of the material. 

I slipped on the dress while Triston zipped the back shut. I slipped on my red strappy heels and combed my fingers through my curled hair. I took one last look in the mirror and let out a deep breath, hoping this night would go as I imagined. 

Northeast hadn't been easy since I had gotten back

Northeast hadn't been easy since I had gotten back. People like Finn Waters got off on humiliating me in every chance they could, although most people backed off when Pierce even looked in their direction-but that didn't stop them from saying something when he wasn't around. I was a laughing stock, most people calling me Stockholm syndrome girl and worse, such as asking me what it felt like to be raped.

High School hadn't been easy and I was ready more than anything to get the hell out of there. But I was grateful for Northeast anyway, it's where I met all my best friends who I consider family. Me joining Crestmont screwed me in a ton of ways but I knew it was for me.