Chapter 35

Walking downstairs I looked around at everyone who stayed silent in the living room, my eye-catching Mr. Gunner's as he held a coffee mug in his hands. I barely slept after what happened last night with Archer, tossing and turning over what consequences we were about to face. I also wasn't thrilled to know Aster was invited over with Evangeline to join us in case the Coinston's did go to the house. 

Everyone had been silent, their eyes snapping to mine. Archer had even taken the extent as to moving Pierce to a different floor of the house so he'd be as far as possible from me at night. I took a seat next to Juniper who gave my hand a squeeze, forcing a small smile at me. June and Triston had dealt with me all last night and my constant panic about what was to happen today

"It's going to be fine," Triston whispered into my ear as she could read the panic of my body. I watched Pierce walk down the stairs dressed in a pair of black jeans with a loose white t-shirt that hugged against his abs, revealing the outline through the see-through material. Pierce's grey eyes bored into mine as he took a seat on the other couch next to the guys. 

I already knew Pierce was pissed about last night, knowing the chances of him about to flip out were pretty high. If there was one thing about Pierce it was that he was possessive and you didn't mess with it unless you had a death with. Everyone went silent as the sound of the front door opening followed by faint voices including Archer's. My stomach dropped when Xander, Archer, Aster, and Evangeline joined us all in the living room. 

Here we go...

"Everyone welcome Aster and Evangeline." Archer cleared his throats as they took their seats as well, leaving Archer and Xander to stand up in front of everybody. I glanced over to Aster who cocked an eyebrow, probably seeing the nervousness radiating off of me. "So it has come to my attention about romantic relations within the gang." 

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I averted my eye contact with Aster at all cost, not wanting to see how this was about to go over. Staring down at the ground, I shifted in my spot as my heartbeat picked up, just wanting Archer to get the words out. 

"That Pierce and Aspen have gotten themselves into a relationship." Archer sighed as he folded his hands together "I did not want this to be a continuous problem but you two have left me no choice. Going behind our backs only for us to find out." 

"What?!" Aster exclaimed as he shot up from his seat, a glare going directly to me "Do not fucking tell me I am hearing that right Aspen Seraphina."

"Ooo the middle name card," Cypress commented, earning a glare from the both of us. I looked over to Pierce before looking back at Aster, trying to figure out what to say. If looks could kill, Pierce would be dead by now. 

"What did you expect to happen?" I said honestly "We spend every second of the day with each other because YOU forced me into this stupid gang. You have no right to be mad at me." I wasn't in the mood to deal with Aster's anger or interrogation when it was perfectly fine for him and Evangeline to date with no consequences. 

Mr. Gunner scoffed a laugh, making everyone look over to him as he hovered the mug near his face. "Is anyone seriously surprised?" He cocked an eyebrow "No shit they'd date. Have you seen Aspen?"

The comment made my skin crawl in response but I immediately pushed myself off my seat as Pierce and Aster both started to go after Mr. Gunner with dark eyes and their fist clenched. I stepped in front of both of them, leaving us in the center of the middle room where everyone watched us intently. 

"Stop it." I warned "The both of you." I couldn't handle the protectiveness of my boyfriend and older brother at the same time, it was enough to make any girl go crazy. Mr. Gunner's comments got to me but I knew giving him a reaction of any type is what he enjoyed, it just made him keep going. Pierce and Aster slowly backed off, but Pierce didn't take his eyes off of his father.