Chapter 37

TW: Talks of Rape

My eyes fluttered open as I looked to see a strand of sunlight peak through the glass windows, the red curtains being tucked at the sides of them. I turned my body over to see Pierce who laid right beside me, his eyes boring into me.

"Good morning beautiful." His words made me blush, his fingertips tucking the loose strands of hair behind my ears before caressing my cheek. "Morning." I gave a small smile as I adjusted the blanket around my naked body. Last night had been incredible, it was just what I'd imagine being and Pierce made sure to make me feel amazing. 

"Round 3?" He questioned making me roll my eyes in response as he pulled my body closer to, our legs tangling underneath the comforter that laid on top of the both of us. Pierce's arm laid loosely around my waist while I stared down at his chest. 

"I don't know if I could handle another round." I let out a small chuckle before tearing away from Pierce and getting out of bed. I grabbed an oversized t-shirt from my drawers and a pair of underwear before walking over to Pierce's side of the bed. 

He grabbed my hand, pulling me closer as he traced circles on the back of my hand. "How was it?" I asked bluntly as the thought had been pressing on my head since last night. I knew how it was for me but I couldn't help but worry about what Pierce had thought. After Cayde I was in such need of validation after sex because if I ever did something wrong with him he'd never let me forget it. 

Pierce sat up in bed as he watched my face fall, catching on that something was wrong. I knew Pierce knew it was about Cayde and how I constantly compare myself to back then and everything he had ever said to me. 

"What's wrong?" He asked as he got out of bed revealing only the pair of boxers he had on. "Nothing, it's stupid." I shook my head, wanting to just drop the subject because it was pointless to bring up plus I didn't want to make Pierce uncomfortable. 

"Aspen." Pierce grabbed my face in his hands, his eyes narrowing to mine "You were the best sex I've ever had. Trust me." The words were flattering especially knowing how many girls Pierce has been with, it was a lot to live up to.

Pierce pressed his lips to mine, leaving a soft gentle kiss on my lips before the door had flown open. We both jumped away from each other only to reveal Juniper and Triston at the door. "What the fuck June?! Knock for christ's sake!" Pierce shouted at her as he gathered his clothes from the ground.

"Looks like you two had fun last night..." Triston trailed off as she looked over the room with our clothes thrown in all different places. "There's an emergency meeting, Xander wants both of you downstairs right away." June ignored Triston's comment and gave us a look of worry. 

I looked over to Pierce in confusion as to what the meeting was going to be about. We had already talked about what happened last night at the party, and frankly, I didn't want to continue to talk about it. 

After we both got ready for the day we walked down to the study where Xander stood pacing in front of the desk while Aster leaned up against the bookshelf with his arms crossed. "You wanted to see us?" I asked as I approached closer to the desk before Pierce and I took a seat in each of the red leather chairs. 

"Aspen...Pierce.." Xander trailed off as he stopped pacing and stood in front of the both of us "I've called you both here because we have a few things to discuss. After what happened last night at the party it has been proven whoever did the shooting is after us, if they found us there they will us here. School starts back up tomorrow and Aster and I have decided we will be going back home."

"Are you out of your fucking mind?! They know where she lives, she can't just go back home!" Pierce scoffed at Xander, the defensiveness building up in him. I looked over to Aster with wide-eyes, as I couldn't believe he was agreeing with us going back home with what a threat the Coinston's had been.