Chapter 13

"Are you sure you can do this?" Aster asked concerned as he pulled up to the crowd of people that surrounded a bunch of cars. I snapped my head away from the window and met my eyes to Asters in the rearview mirror.

"You were the one to initiate me into a gang remember?" I reminded him as he came to a full parking stop. Evangeline turned her head back to me and gave me a small smile "Just don't be nervous, you're not driving so you'll be ok." 

I nodded slightly as I unbuckled my seat belt and big my goodbyes to Aster and Evangeline. It was the night of the first race and I was nervous, to say the least even though I wasn't driving. Xander and Archer were pairing me with Pierce and after his attitude yesterday I was not looking forward to it. 

I threw on my black leather jacket as I searched through the crowd to find the rest of the gang. It was a Friday night and I was at a drag race, unlike other teenagers who spent their time going to football games, parties, or hanging out in the Walmart parking lot. As I scanned the crowd I soon the rest of the Crestmont members. 

"Hey." I walked up, Pierce immediately looking away from. "Hey, was traffic bad?" Juniper asked me curiously but I was soon cut off when Archer approached up to us. 

"Aspen!" He said loudly "So first race tonight, we have a ton of money betting on it. You'll be riding with Pierce still. Just watch everything so you know what to do when you start on your own. Also, watch out for the Coinstons."

"The Coinstons?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 

"The Coinstons our rival enemies." Tyson walked up to us, his eyes meeting mine "Use to be allies but after shit went down with the Westwoods we became enemies. You stay away from them, they are bad news and will do anything in order to sabotage this race."

"Yeah and try to not fuck up." Greyson pushed past me. her shoulder bumping into mine. We all headed towards Xander who was near all the cars. 

"What is the route looking like?" Phoenix spoke up to Archer who was assigning doubles. Theo with Juniper. Xander with Phoenix, Pierce, and I were all the doubles when it came to the race. 

"Lots of cops along this route, be careful of speed traps. Theo and I went through and mapped all the speed traps on the route and will notify you when going through. It's starting to snow so be careful that your tires don't spin especially with rear-wheel. Xander and Phoenix you're up next."

Xander and Phoenix approached the black Lamborghini with two red stripes going down the front of it. They hopped into the driver and passenger side as all the other gangs loaded up into their own cars as well for the race to start.

My hands were a bit shaky and I didn't know whether it was from the cold air or the nervousness to get into a car with Pierce going 200 mph. I watched as a flag girl walked out into the middle of the road, before raising them. There was a pause of tension in the air as everyone watched intently. She swung the flag down and with that the car engines revved and took off so fast they were out of eye distance within minutes. 

"Nervous?" A voice spoke up behind me, making me whip around. A guy who was a little over 6' foot and had dirty blonde hair, almost a Carmel color with hazel green eyes stood in a leather jacket and jeans. 

"Who are you?" I asked, uncrossing my arms from my chest. He seemed to about my age and didn't look familiar to me at all. 

"Sorry, how could I not introduce myself. I'm Knox Kingston. You must be Aspen Ambrosia." He gave me a smug smirk. "H-How'd you know that?" I stuttered, wondering how he would know my name.

"Well, it's not every day that a pretty girl joins the Crestmont gang as their newest member." Knox reached for my hand and inched his body closer to mine "I mean you're practically famous in the gang world. Aster Ambrosia's younger sister. Westwood to Crestmont, that's some big news."