Chapter 25

School dreaded as usual and the anxiety of what was to come at the meeting didn't help. I had no idea what Pierce was going to say or do, and I didn't necessarily want to know. He had ditched lunch and Mercury was just as oblivious. I made my way out of the school and headed towards Pierce's car, knowing this car ride was going to be a nightmare.

Everyone was standing outside their cars, waiting for us to all arrive in the parking lot before all heading over to the warehouse for the meeting. Juniper grabbed my arm, pulling me away from everybody. She gave me a confused look, making my cock an eyebrow at her in response. "What is going on...I mean with Pierce? I know you know what's up Aspen so tell me." June said blatantly and I was taken back for a moment. 

What was I supposed to say? Was it even my place to say 'Hey your brother got his ex-girlfriend pregnant, but no worries she's just lying in order to manipulate him into staying with her'. I glanced over to where Pierce leaned up against his car, his eyes were fixated ahead. I looked back at Juniper who seemed desperate to know what was wrong. Juniper cared for Pierce, a lot more than anyone ever had. They were twins and I knew Juniper always felt compelled to try and keep Pierce in line, she would always defend him no matter what happened. 

"Ok.." I sighed, knowing Juniper would find out at some point "Basically Pierce told me Mercury was pregnant...that's why they're together. But I went to the bathroom today and Mercury was on the phone with Greyson, she didn't know I was in there. Mercury told Greyson she wasn't actually pregnant but faking it in order to make Pierce stay with her.."

"That fucking bitch." Juniper's jaw gaped open. Her face was taking over with rage, and for June that was rare. I placed my hand over her mouth quickly, looking around to make sure no one else had heard. "Shhh, no one can know." I slowly took my hand away from her mouth "Pierce is going to take it up with Xander."

"Who even does that-" Juniper started "I mean for what reason?" 

"Aspen! Let's go!" Pierce called after me, making me whirl around to see him getting in the driver's side and Mercury approaching the car. "I'll see you at the meeting. Don't tell anyone." I bid my goodbyes to Juniper before heading towards the car. Mercury reached for the door handle, wrapping her fingers around it before pulling it towards her. I slammed my hip into the side of it, sending her a glare. 

"Shotgun," I smirked, earning a glare from her in return. "Pierce!" Mercury shouted, wanting him to fight this battle for her. "Just get in the fucking car!" Pierce shouted back, frustration in his voice. I could tell it was taking everything in him to just play along with Mercury's little games. I opened the front door, pushing up the passenger seat, and put a hand out to lead the way for Mercury. 

Her glare didn't drop from me as she climbed into the back seat and I took my seat in the passenger seat. I buckled up and looked over to Pierce who shared the same smirk as me. Pierce slammed on the gas, reversing out of the spot and driving out of the parking lot. I glanced back to the backseat where Mercury stared down at her phone screen where she texted rapidly. 

"Babe," Mercury spoke up, not getting a response from Pierce as silence filled the car. "Babe!" She yelled again, wanting Pierce's attention. "What?" Pierce muttered under his breath, glancing back at her in the rearview mirror. 

"I have a doctor's appointment at the end of the week, will you come with me?" She lied straight through her teeth, making me chuckle in response. "What's so funny Ambrosia?" She snapped at me and I waved her off as nothing. 

We soon arrived at the warehouse, all three of us exiting the car and entering through the front door. After climbing a few steps, we reached the main gathering area where the rest of the gang had taken their regular seats. The warehouse was colder than normal, sending a shiver through my body. Pierce took his seat next to Cypress and Mars while Mercury sat down next to Greyson.