Chapter 10

THE DOUBLE UPDATE BITCH IS HERE AYEEE

I think you guys will like this chapter a lot (;

ENJOY (:

"Where are we going?" He ignored me as he pulled me over to his car and shoved me into the front seat next to him.

I waited in anticipation as he got into the driver's seat and pulled the car out of the driveway.

As we drove on the highway, his eyebrows were furrowed as if he was in deep concentration. It didn't look like he wanted to be bothered. 

Annalese's POV

We were driving in complete silence. The underlining tension was erupting between us. You could cut it with a knife.

We were driving for almost an hour now. My conscience was telling me that he may be taking me to an alley to murder me. But I knew that if he wanted to, he already would have. 

I had a million thoughts running through my head. Too many questions, but too few answers.

My conscience kept urging me to speak up again, but my stubborn self kept me from doing it. It's like I was fighting an internal battle to determine when was the right moment to speak up. My stubbornness was winning.

"Can you please tell me where we are going?" Harry remained silent with his eyes fixated on the road.

"Harry, I know you can hear me." I could see him silently swallow, signaling that he had heard me.

"Ok Harry, seriously I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I went through your personal documents." My apology caused him to instantly turn his head to look at me. He had a stern look on his face.

"Sorry just for that? Annalisa, I saw you peeping into every room of my house!"

"Ok, first of all, that is not my name. And second, how did you even see me? You weren't in the house." I defended myself.

"Jelly Bean, I have security cameras located all through my house and on my phone. I think I know when people are going through my stuff." My jaw dropped. Oh shit.

"Those documents were confidential. They were not for someone like you to look at." I felt slightly offended, but he was right.

"How many times do I have to say sorry? I'm sorry! Ok? Now can you please tell me where we are going?" He sighed.

"I'm dropping you off where I found you. This was a mistake." 

"What do you mean this is a mistake?" I questioned. He sighed once again.

"People of my reputation are not meant to be around people of your stature." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean? You are a great person, I don't know where this is coming from." I scrambled, trying to persuade him otherwise.

We were stopped at a red light. Harry played with his fingers on his lap. It seemed as if he was trying to think of the right words to say.

"I'm not the person you think I am. I think it is better if you don't get involved with me at all. It will not do you any good." The light turned green and he hit the accelerator, jerking the car forward.

I pulled one of Harry's hands off of the steering wheel and held it in mine.

"If you want to know one thing about me, it's that I do not judge people, no matter what their past withholds." I gently stroked his nimble fingers.