Chapter 26

"Keep running." I whispered as I crossed the finish line to my destination.

I'm free.

 Harry's POV  

Jace had been bothering me non-stop about the girl he was into.

All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball under my soft, warm blankets and take a 2-day nap. Working for Blood Dragon was excruciating, but the amount of cash I accumulated made it a little bit more tolerable.

I was currently sitting in Jace's office building, listening to him rehearse pick-up lines he was going to use on his love when he sees her next. If I only had some headphones with me...

"If it weren't for that damned sun, you would be the hottest thing ever created." I facepalmed myself. I've never felt so bad for a girl in my life.

"I quite liked that. What about you, Harry?" I removed my head from my hands.

"Yeah, I think so too." No fucking way.

I peered out of Jace's office windows. There seemed to be not much going on at the moment on our floor. The floor hall was empty and there was no chatter to be heard except for Jace rambling on some more pickup lines. 

My mind wandered back to Annalese. I wonder how she is doing. I last heard that she was being kept locked up in Blood Dragon's dungeon. That was just another name for where we kept all our prisoners. I hope she is okay.

All of a sudden, the emergency alarms went off, removing me from my thoughts.

"Shit! What is going on?"

"I have no idea. But it is best if we head out with the rest of the squad." Jace nodded as he grabbed his coat from the rack.

I walked ahead of Jace, waiting momentarily as he locked the door behind us. Security was tight here, and if anyone were to plan some type of escape, we would catch them in no time. 

The alarms seemed to blare louder as we made our way towards the emergency elevators. I clicked on the sensor button at the same time that the elevator door opened. Before both, Jace and I, could climb onto the elevator, we were shoved out of the way by a group of security guards. Ok, cool. Don't apologize.

We got onto the elevator right after them. As soon as the doors shut, we could only hear the muffled sounds of the alarms and the men chattering beside us.

"How could you let them escape? We were assigned at all times to watch over her!" One of them yelled at another.

"Bronx said he was going to take care of her tonight." The second one answered.

"Well obviously that didn't work." The first one muttered under his breath.

"I don't blame him though. He probably got some nice sex out of her. I mean, did you see her body at our last team meeting?" The third one chimed in, licking his lips.

"And the way her breasts were spilling out of that bikini? Damnnnn." My eyes widened as I realized who they were referring to. Annalese escaped?

"If we find her, I call banging her first."

"Fine. Then I get her the next night."

"Or instead we can just have a threesome with her."

"Yes! That sounds good."

I glared over at the men in disgust. Did they really think she was some object that they could abuse? She is a person. I have to go find her before it's too late.

After traveling down 16 floors, the elevator finally stopped underground. As soon as the doors opened, Jace and I were shoved on the ground by the men again as they tried to make their way outside before us.

"If they weren't security men, I swear I'd beat their asses." Jace groaned as he got up off the ground. I dusted the dirt from my skinny jeans before walking out of the elevator.

I glanced around at my surroundings. I knew that these were our safety bunkers but it looked too foreign to me.

There were at least three hundred other people scrambling over to the nearest corner of the bunker. We were told during training that the safest places in the bunker are the corners.

My eyes scanned each person, hoping to find Annalese. That would be easy since she would be the only woman among all these men. I pushed through dozens of people, hoping to find her. After searching through almost every person in the bunker, I decided to give up. I sat down on the opposite side of the bunker from everyone else, hoping to contain my thoughts.

Where could she have escaped to? Think, Harry. Think.

My mind pondered about the various possibilities. She doesn't know the surroundings of Blood Dragon well enough to figure out any shortcuts. But, there was only one place she could have gone.

The tunnel.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Wowowow what was that.

Sorry for not updating for 14 days hehe i've been a little busy

I've been drowning in my own tears

And sweat

Blechhh

Too skewl for kewl

I hope to update in the next 24 hours! Stay tuned! :)