Chapter 13

Once we walked outside, he wrapped his arms around my shoulder in a friendly way.

"Heyyy Partner. I guess we should get to know each other better since we will be working together." He had a smug look on his face. Sometimes I wish I could just smack that grin off his face. It was irritating.

"I guess we do." I carelessly replied.

Harry's POV

I waited outside an abandoned hospital, hoping to locate those familiar long black locks. 

I had intentionally murdered two women in the most open area I could find, hoping to attract Annalese's attention, without blowing my cover. I left blood strains and locks of hair scattered in less than a block radius from where I was standing. 

Even though I wasn't positive that she would be the one coming to find evidence about me, my gut feeling told me she was.

I was sitting on an isolated tree stump waiting for what felt like hours. I occupied my time by scrolling through my phone and reading over what information was already published about me. 

Mustard- brown boots is back on the loose. Two more prostitutes go missing. 

I glanced down at my feet, making sure that I wasn't wearing the mustard-brown boots. I need to make sure that she doesn't associate me with the suspect. 

I was beginning to doze off when a bright yellow light was shined directly in my face. I looked up to meet my eyes with luminous, dark chocolate ones. 

"Harry, what are you doing here?" She looked at me with a confused expression on her face. I stood up.

"Listen, we need to talk." I moved towards her.

"I would love to sit and chat but I have some work to do." She stepped back slightly.

"It will be quick, I pro---"

"There you are!" A tall, brown-haired man with a British accent just like mine, turned around the corner. He walked over to Annalese, stopping right beside her.

"Who is this?" He pointed at me and looked back at her. 

"A friend of mine." 

"We have a case to solve. You can finish chit-chatting after the work is done." The man responded. 

"Annalese, I really need to talk to you." I pleaded. 

"Annalese, we need to go!" The man interjected. I'm really not liking his guy. 

I looked over at Annalese with as desperate of a look as I could muster. I felt bad putting her in this position. She looked clearly distraught trying to decide whether to take time to listen to me or get back to work. 

"It will only take me a minute. I promise." I put my arm on her shoulders, rubbing them gently. Her partner seemed to not like me touching her and immediately stepped in to move my arms off of her. Annalese looked taken aback. I felt my blood begin to boil. 

"Keep your hands off of her." He snarled at me. Oh, I definitely don't like this man.  

"I didn't do anything," I defensively answered. My blood getting hotter by the second. 

"Yes, you did you------." Now it was Annalese's turn to get angry. 

"Hunter, what the hell! You aren't in control of who is allowed to touch me! Not cool man!" She yelled. Hunter softened after getting scolded by her. 

"Sorry babe. I should not have done that." I felt a pang of jealousy as he wrapped his arms around her and planted a kiss on her cheek. I noticed her cheeks turn pink. 

I bounced back on my toes awkwardly as he began rubbing her back. She cleared her throat when she locked eyes with me and moved away from his touch. 

"Harry, I would really like to talk but I need to help solve this case by the end of the day. We can chat later." She kindly smiled at me. I sensed some guilt in her voice. 

"We also need to finish it in time for our date tonight," Hunter whispered in her ear, loud enough so I could hear. 

"I can help you with your case!" I suddenly blurted out. Annalese appreciative smile while Hunter gave me a dirty look. 

"Really? You think you could?" Annalese beamed. 

"Of course I can." I watched as a small smile formed on her face. I couldn't help but stare at her plump red lips. All I could think about were the way they felt against mine. So soft. Delicious. Like strawberries on a summer evening. 

I was pulled out of my trance when I heard someone clear their throat.

"Are we going to help us or what?" The irritating man spoke up. Headass. 

I took one last glance at Annalese who seemed to have a pleading expression on her face.

"Let's do it." Just like that, I made my way with them, possibly risking the life of the beautiful woman beside me. _______________________________________________________________________________How did you guys like this chapter?

I'm trying really hard to update as soon as possible. I'm really sorry if I don't update for a few weeks sometimes. School is way too overwhelming, plus last week was the end of the quarter so I was literally buried in my homework.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS BEAUTIFUL MAN WHO PLAYS THE ROLE OF HARRY STYLES IN THIS STORY.

Hmm I wonder who that could be....

HARRY EDWARD STYLES<3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HARRY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

I cannot believe he is already 21... it felt like just yesterday when he was that cute little 16-year old auditioning for the X-factor in his converse and baggy skinny jeans.

Puberty hit him like a truck like damn boi

Anyways....

Please continue to vote and comment what you think! (: