Chapter 21

I felt like an animal. I am being treated like an animal. What am I anymore?

The yelling seemed to never end. I was chained to the pole with no way to escape. I finally gave up trying to free myself. 

I am hopeless. 

Annalese's POV

My eyes snap open. The chilling whispers echo throughout the hallways in the middle of the night. I struggle with trying to fall back to sleep. My body is demanding to rest but my conscience is awake. I push myself against the soft bean bag chair, trying to get comfortable. The temperature is freezing inside of the cell and I begin to shiver. I am dressed in a different bikini top. Bronx had made me change into another outfit from his collection that he had stolen from the different women he had slept with. 

Since the first night, I have not been able to sleep even a few hours. How long were they planning on keeping me in here before I was used for their own pleasure?

I remained awake for most of the night. I watched as the sun peaked through the window. I never noticed how beautiful sunrises were. It almost gave me hope. 

Oh how much I missed natural sunlight and fresh air. I could feel myself begin to turn pale and weak due to the lack of my body's necessities. I had barely had a full meal since I was captured and could feel the hunger catch up with me. 

There were a few loud thuds as someone approached my cell. I shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep.  

"Babe, you can't fool me." I heard a loud, raspy voice speak. I normally find a liking in raspy, deep voices, however this man's voice sounded like nails scraping on a chalkboard.

"If it makes you any happier, I brought you a salad." I kept my eyes shut, hoping to convince him that I was asleep. It was silent for a few moments before I heard the rustling of some keys and the creak of the cell door.

Next thing I knew, I felt someone's hot breath over my face.

"Wakey wakey, Tina. Time to eat." I felt something long make its way into my mouth. I shrieked, causing the material to fall out of my mouth and onto the floor. I looked down to see a metal fork on the ground.

"Like I said before; you cannot fool me." He chuckled, bending down to pick up the fork. I glanced up to see an unfamiliar man. He was middle-aged, about a few years older to me. He had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. If he weren't here to abuse me like all the other men in this place, I would admit that he was slightly attractive.

I noticed him sit down on the floor across from me. 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Giving you company? What else does it look like?" He sassily remarked, handing the plate to me. 

My stubborn self was telling me to reject his offering but my stomach was telling me to eat some of the food. I am starving. When my stomach craves food, there is nothing getting in the way of me getting it.

I sat down on the bean bag chair and ate the salad in silence. I decided to break the silence by asking the strange man some questions. 

"Why are you here?"

"I thought I already answered you. I wanted to give you compa---"

"No, seriously. Why are you here?" He sighed.

"I felt bad for you being kept captive like this, and I think you are pretty cute." He smirked, a slight blush forming on his pale face. As much as his comment made me want to melt into pudding, I couldn't give in to him too easily. 

"I don't need your sympathy." I barked. He sighed once again.

"I'm not trying to give you sympathy. I want to help you."

"Help me? The best you can do is let me out of this damn place."

"I can't." He gulped.

"Exactly." I rolled my eyes, engrossing myself again in my salad.

"Why can't you give me a chance?" He sounded desperate. Nope, not working.

"Give me a good reason why I should give you a chance?" He ran his hand through his hair as he collecting his thoughts, forming them into words. He didn't answer. Exactly what I expected.

We sat there too engrossed in our own thoughts to pay any attention to each other. I knew he was trying as hard as he could to muster the right words but I just wanted to sit there in silence.  After a few moments, he spoke up.

"Fine, I will help you escape." 

That was enough to put a smile on my face.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I was just wondering, but are my updates way too short compared to other author's chapters? It seems like it.

A few people have been asking me when Harry and Annalese will see each other again. That will be revealed in the next few chapters. I don't want to give away anything yet.

Please keep voting, commenting, and sharing this story!