Chapter 19

"Hello beautiful." Once of them tried to flirt with me. I cringed inside.

It occurred to me that there was no way out as I watched the nasty old man walk closer and closer to me. I was hopeless.

Harry's POV

I sprinted across the tunnel. My body could barely keep up with my legs as they glided across the gravel, trying to move as fast they could away from the people chasing me. They were faster than me, and the gap between us began to decrease. I suddenly felt a sharp impact as my body felt like it was on fire. It took me a minute to realize that they had zapped me with a shock gun. I attempted to remove the bullet out of my flesh, but I was too late.

They had caught me.

My hands were yanked behind my head as I felt them handcuff them together. I kicked and jolted to the side, hoping to knock them out of my grip so I could run. I was unsuccessful. Two of the men grabbed my body, hoisting it across their shoulders. These men are buff as hell considering they can carry me like that.

They carried me over to the same area where I had just tried to break into a few minutes ago. One of the men stood in front of me so I could not make out what the other man was typing into the system. Automatically, the doors opened, leading into something that seemed like an elevator. As the doors shut, I felt the ground below me begin to shake as we were transported upwards a few floors.

I watched as the floors reappeared and disappeared next to me. I could make out different labs, and medical centers encompassed the building. What is this place?

Suddenly, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. The two men carried me onto a floor that was filled with office rooms. I glimpsed through the doors of each room, noticing several meetings going on along with scientists conducting research on different corpses. I was pulled into a large hall where a man was standing next to a podium. He looked strangely familiar.

I was suddenly shoved down on the floor. I felt the wind get knocked out of me as I tried to gain consciousness again. As my vision focused, I noticed the familiar man who was standing right in front of me.

"Mr. Styles, what a surprise to see you." The raspy, American accent said. As my brain began to refresh, I automatically remembered.

"Jace?"

"Yeah, man. It's been so long." He reached out his hand to pull me back up. As soon as I connected mine with him, he let go. I plummeted back to the ground with a thud. He burst out laughing. Of course. This was typical Jace. 

I pulled myself off the ground, groaning as I felt the pain grow unbearable around my rib cage.

"Mate, are you alright?" He asked, concern filling his eyes as he observed my state.

"I think I will be alright." I groaned as I stretched my arms out behind my head.

"Whatever suits you." He motioned for me to follow him into an empty office room. When I walked in I noticed a desk to the side and a podium and projector in the front. He closed the door behind me. We sat across from each other as he lay back in his chair, extending his feet across the table.

"I hope you don't mind if I do this." I nodded my head in approval. 

He smiled at me in astonishment as if I was a celebrity that he has seen for the first time with his own eyes.

"Mate, I can't believe you are finally here. I sent so many emails, but I never thought you would actually show up." He chuckled.

"Well I was basically dragged here against my will, so don't be flattered." I joked. Jace laughed at my comment.