Epilogue.

•• I ••

With the dawn hitting the land, the first thing he wanted to look and needed to see was her, beside him, every day in the morning.

He just had this deep craving, a yearn for only to be awoken by her given sight only.

A smile was all he needed from her to make his whole day lucky and going.
Nothing less and more. Just a smile.

Turning over and peeling his eyes groggily, he let out a husky dreamy smile when found her already staring him with a small smile on her beautiful face, beside him, just the way he loved.

He never asked, nor wanted much but wished for only her and seeing her beside eased him in many ways.

Never speaking nor blinking, she just kept her smile intact while he scooted closer lazily humming sweetly "The smile you give every time I open my eyes makes me want to keep you bounded with me, forever."

Looking down on her ruby tainted lips, he murmured "What would you do if I kiss you now?"

Looking between her eyes and the smile, he sighed "I know you won't say because you are just a vision of my mind." he gulped, a little frown settling between his whisk covered forehead "And I'm afraid that you will vanish as soon as I blink."

"But, you're here." He mumbled softly blinking ever so slowly in his dazed rasp before closing his eyes shut to keep her appearance locked in his heart and mind "Always here."

And just how he perceived, she was gone as soon as he opened his eyes. But he could not omit the smile on his face when his eyes caught the fabric of her dupatta he has been holding in his clutch.

It was not just any fabric but an emotion for him which has kept him going the whole fifteen long month.

Climbing down the bed leisurely, he took his time to walk to his canvas stand where he hung the dupatta around it, her portrait clipped with it.

Letting his finger trail over it for a moment, he whispered husk, his voice thick and sad "I miss you, Nandini. I miss you very much."

Biting on his lips hard to hold himself from breaking, he dropped his hands to his side very reluctantly and trudged his way out his room to start his day.

Post water paddling and runing the track of the Dashashwamedh ghat, Manik crouched down a bit keeping hands on his knees to take a moment of breath when a chuckle erupted out his mouth when a very dramatically exhausted Omprakash came in his view.

"How's it going, buddy?"

Raising his face up, Omprakash cringed his face over Manik's smirk "Wipe it off, you charming punk. I did two lapses of the ghat."

Chortling under his breath, Manik walked to him "You did great. I'm really proud of you."

"Really?" Giving him a dubious glance, Omprakash negotiated "So do I get a reward?"

"Hmm, let me think." Scratching his jaw, Manik squinted looked at Omprakash's hopeful face "I think you do-" on which the old man gleed however Manik added soon enough wiping the gleam off Omprakash's face "-only if you promise that you will drink that decoction after as soon as we reach home."

Scrounging his nose, Omprakash scoffed "You mean to say spoil my taste bud after having the delicious rabdi? You cruel punk-"

"-Do we have a deal here?" Twitching a concealed smile, Manik left no room for the old man to bargain, as he replied back soon very disinterested-ly "yeah, whatever. Deal. Now come on don't waste time. It's going to get crowded here soon with devotees. And oh!" Inhaling the air, Omprakash closed his eyes with delight "I can already smell the sweet aroma of rabdi calling me."