Chapter 45.

Eyes cringed tight, Nandini winced when she felt a ting of a
burn and a soft dab of something on her forehead.

And the unusual ache in her entire body, not to forget the migraine from the morning which has turned into a throb, was making her feel at more discomfort. Until she felt something cold compressed on her forehead, making her replace the grimace whilst a relieved breath.

A moment later, peeling open her eyes slowly and looking around the unknown surrounding, Nandini found her furrow back as she looked around hastily and tried sitting up only to find her palm bandaged and so was her foot.

And right after then she remembered all the clash and the breakdown episode from the day, where while leaving the studio she recalled how she drifted off and lost her balance from the scooter on the rugged highway, making her head collide with the ground and loose her consciousness right then and there.

"Are you crying, my girl?" An unfamiliar voice broke her trance who inspected staring her with his estrangement.

Eyes obscure and glistening, Nandini absentmindedly stared at the stranger, who has an earthenware crock in his hand and a constant peculiar smile on his sunken pale face.

"-or is that an anguish which I presume is by a.... heartbreak?"

"Who are you?" She asked seemingly concious to the unknown surrounding "And this place-"

"-is a hermitage. A refuge." Seeing her eyes cringed slightly, he explained further while taking some measures steps inside "and I'm a hermit. A refugee. I found you unconscious and injured on the highway."

Trudging slowly to the side table he opened one of the several jars kept there before taking a pinch of the herbs and pestling it with concentration "I have been staying and serving remedies to the injured peoples here since quite a few months."

Indistinct and uncertain, Nandini just kept watching the elderly middle aged hermit who appeared to be around her father's age.
But something was very odd and familiar in his attribute.

Was it his eyes or his voice?

She felt it a bit more than alike and familiar to someone she knows dearly.

As if he was someone she is very much familiar with. As if she knows him from somewhere. As if-

"-Are you alright, my dear?"

Snapped out of the trance, Nandini realized how she was gaping at the hermit since quite a few minute. But she couldn't help herself from staring at those dark honey sphere which she felt to be very familiar with.

Dark honey spheres, like him.

Finding her obscure minded, the hermit smiled to himself before walking toward her "Would you mind if I check on your feet once?"

Shaking her head mildly, she quietly gave her consent and watch the hermit gently do the aid and assistance of her slightly swollen feet by smearing some of those made herbal paste on it.

There was something about the hermit which Nandini couldn't keep her finger upon. Regardless feeling it outright conclusive, she couldn't interpret what was it that was making her feel so cynical and dubious of the hermit-

"-Do I look familiar to you, my dear?"

Clicking out of his hacking voice, Nandini turned her mildy creasing heed toward the hermit before taking a glimpse of her feet which was perfectly wrapped with a gauze.
Just like how she was feeling her mind to be wrapped and trapped with the speculating thoughts running into her mind.