Chapter 20.

Determination and compassion was never a context in Nandini's dictionary until the bet was made and she poured her day and night together to achieve something which she never had wished and hoped for before.

A place in the list of top ten excellent students.

And she is nowhere near those criteria, neither she wanted to be, until the bet was made.

She was happy being in between the chaos of names in the bottom list. All she was doing is to somehow get over  with the semester and at the last get a degree to be called as a graduate.

Until the bet was made.

Nothing in her life she wanted to accomplish something so hard as much as she felt to do now. She wanted to see herself in those first top ten place. She wanted to see her work being paid off. She wanted to know how accomplishment feels like.

Because the bet was made.

There was no one other than him whom she wanted to show her capabilities to. She wanted to show him her worth, just the way he worth to her. She wanted him to crave her, just the way she desires him in her heart. She wanted him to make her his first priority, just the way she has made him. She wanted to turn every possible stones unturned in her way just to make him accept her.

Because he was ready to accept her- only if she wins in the made bet.

But was it that easy to do?

Of course not.

How does a supposedly 'not interested in studies' person get themselves up from the bottom to the top over a night?

Nandini was surely passionate but being done then said is an another thing.

She was recklessly nervous and was going through anxiety attack when she got over the names of students from the line of the last column and couldn't find her name there.

She wasn't much of that sure if she has even scored well to be in the entire list or was she black listed.

Tracing her shivering fingers over the glass covered notice board, she started going through the second last column of the list only to get disappointment all over again.

There was no trace of her name in the entire second last column.

Numbness started surfacing her body as all possible crude remarks she started thinking he will be giving once he comes to know she didn't made it into the entire list.

Gulping the anxious lump down her throat, her frantic doe gaze moved to the final and only column left in the entire list which has the name of top twenty students in the list.

Taking her gaze toward the names in the bottom, she started taking it up slowly to search for that one name she wanted to see.

And there she is. Finally.

Nandini Sharma.

Eyes fluttering with amazement, she looked through the numbers in serial and got the biggest euphoric moment of her day.

No. 9- the list says.

She is in the 9th number.

She made it into the list.

She made her place into the top ten excellent students.

Gasping with nervousness, she ended up laughing in confusion.

Was she seeing true?

With utter shock and bafflement, she gave herself a tight painful pinch until she yelp on her own self.