Chapter 7.

Nandini couldn't understand what did just happened today inside the change room.

Sprawled over the hard mattress of her bed aimlessly, she tried jotting on the meaning behind the scenario occured.

Her being contented over her little achievement.

Him coming from no where and dragging her to a vacant room with him.

Her trying to voice out her inner jitters.

Him shushing her off by pressing his slender forefinger over her plump lips.

Her trying to reach out for his demurely features.

And finally, him pushing her away before dashing out of the room.

Nandini was still so much astonished over his sudden gesture that she couldn't help but touch her lips were she felt his finger pressed for the first time.

But leaving it all in the side, she couldn't really understand what really happened in between them.

She remembered how his captivating eyes were burning down her entire fragile self.

The hold he had made around her wrist and waist were neither tender nor harsh.

They showed something which she wanted to name possessiveness but its Manik we are talking about.

However she may ponder upon the happened moment, she couldn't come up with the conclusion of his sudden given confusion into her mind.

Shighing softly, she pushed herself up and mustered herself up remembering the day.

Thursday brings a lot of things into her to-do list, which also reminds its her kathak dance class day.

Although, her muscle is quite sore after all those hard swings she made during badminton practice, she was still energetic about her class.

Dance is something which makes her confident about her doings.

Changing into a light pink floral long anarkali suit, she braided her hairs in a conservative manner with her hairline parted from middle. Applying a little vermillion in her hair partition, she apllied kohl into her doe like eyes, she gave herself a final look before taking her bag from her table.

She had always applied little pinch of vermillion of his name but had hide it with her hairstyle to avoid notice from her friends.

"Where do you think you are going, Nandu?" Seated on the folding bed with cotton balls and some freshly made cotton wicks, Amma coolly interrupt her going.

Nandini knew her mother would intervene and protest again about her dance giving class but she smiled and replied "To the kathak class. My students must be waiting for me."

"Then let them be. You are not going anywhere. Come and help me making this wicks." stern tone of her Amma swiped off her smile as instant as a fly passing by her eyes.

But just like everytime her bhabhi- Sadhna came up into her rescue "Amma, let her go. I'll help you out with this."

"She is still not going anywhere. The coming saturday is Haryali Teej. And we are still yet to do the preparation of the pooja. I need her to be here for the required errands to do."

Nandini's eyes brighten up with the name of the occasion but then she frowned as she still wanted to go to her dance class for which she is already quite late.

"Aloke is there for such things, Neelam" came her another saviour of the day.

Seeing her Dadaji, Pandit. Omprakash, brought a beam out on her face. Sadhna was quick to cover her head with her pallu on his arrival in the gesture of giving respect but Dadaji's one signal through finger dropped Sadhna attentive features turn into relief.