Chapter 48.

_littlebitcrazy_

_littlebitcrazy_

Being made to sit in a room unknown to him, Manik racked his droopy eyes around the corner when his eyes fell beside him on the table where all he found was a pile of wrapped gifts and basket with some goodies in it.

And then there was this distant noise coming from downstairs which got his attention next, until he found the door being pushed open.

"Nice that you have woken up, or else I would had to take you to the pavilion like that only." said Manav walking up to the terrorstricken Manik who tried scooting seeing him approach him with a set of clothes in his hand "Now come on. Be a good little boy and get changed."

However, seeing Manik frozen and frightened, Manav tutted remembering something "Yeah, right. Drug. You cannot move. Yeah. So, what do we do?" Scratching on his bearded chin, Manav narrowed his eyes with a loop sided smile "It seems that finally I have to fulfill the duty of being your father. What say, son? Let's get you changed, huh?"

Shrieking meekly in his crapulous state, Manik tried defending himself in vain howbeit it didn't bothered Manav to a bit "Stop with the struggle, son. Because all of these struggles will do nothing but make you at more fatigue and then dizziness will hit you. Do you want to do the rituals of your wedding being in oblivion?"

A whimper was what Manav could hear from Manik before he smirked "Good boy. Now let's get you ready. Oh, I am getting so emotional. My son is getting married." flicking off a faux tear, Manav smirked a vile smile "I wish your mother was also here. But alas. What do you think? Would she have regained consciousness by now? Did I really hit her that hard?"

Heaving over the atrocious person who unfortunately was his father, Manik groaned subtly which made Manav only tweak a foul smile "Are you angry? Why though? She called for it. She was being very disrespectful so a punishment was must. And now you are getting what your fate has stored for you. Therefore, son-" combing his hair with his finger, Manav looked down at Manik's afflicted face before cupping his small face into his firm hand "-none of it is my fault."

A tear slipped down of Manik's eyes, making Manav's smile cease "You are crying?" Rubbing off the tears, Manav knelt before Manik's flaccid posture and stared right into his misty gaze with his own cold one "You know what, son? The thing happening with you is a lesson for you. A very good lesson of how you shouldn't loose, how you shouldn't accept your defeat from anything in life. And being a Malhotra, it's really very important for you to understand the gravity of this lesson."

A moment of silence passed until Manav twitched his brows, while his lips were pressed firm "There is nothing hidden from you. You know exactly why I am like this to you and your mother. And the thing it doesn't hurt me to hurt you both is totally a lie. It does, very much. I used to feel something really strong for your mother. Something which you will understand once you grow up."