Chapter 12.

With either of her hands in her friends Aryaman and Navya's hold, Nandini walked inside her house.

Sadhna, who was in the veranda arranging the things for the puja, widen her eyes in surprise finding Nandini so pale.

"Nan-Nandu?"

Sadhna's high pitch voice even caught Omprakash and Neelam's attention who were descending down the stairs. Seeing Nandini in her fatigue condition they both rushed down.

"What in the world did happened to you?"

Aryaman helped Nandini sit on the jute bed while Navya answered their queries "she fainted due to dehydration."

Amma gave a stern look to Nandini who couldn't meet her gaze with her mother.

"See. That's why I was telling her to not go for today but who does even listens to me?"

"Neelam, calm down." Omprakash divulged.

Aloke, who walked inside the house with the grocery bag in his hand, frowned seeing extra crowd in the house.

"What's happening?"

"Nandini fainted in the college." Sadhna replied while taking the bag from his hand.

Aloke snapped his eyes at his sister who gave helpless look to him. He sighed inwardly and turned to her friends.

"Thanks guys for dropping her home safely." Aloke expressed courteously.

"It's not a big deal." Aryaman smiled back whereas Amma kept her staring watch over him.

On seeing her Amma's indifferent gesture toward Aryaman, Nandini huffed lightly "Amma, they are my friends. Navya and Aryaman."

Navya joined her hand to greet everyone on which Neelam smiled lightly but then she again went on upon her watchful stare when it came to Aryaman who was now getting uncomfortable under her watch.

"Na-Namastey." He greeted too in nervousness as Neelam constant watchful gaze were really intimidating.

Neelam didn't liked the way she saw her daughter's hand in his hand. Neither she liked his presence in the house.

Aloke shook his hear in disbelief seeing his mother's behaviour "Amma, they have came for the first time. Wouldn't you ask them water?"

Neelam shot a glare toward Aloke but Aryaman intervened "No! Actually there is no need for that. We shall now just get going. Navya?"

Navya nodded immediately by standing up "yeah, he is right."

"Oh! Would have been nice if you guys stayed till evening. There is a worship in the house today. And we would really appreciate your presence." Omprakash requested politely.

Nandini widened her eyes. She want neither of them to stay here for any longer. If they did then they are definetly going to know that she is fasting, which will make no sense to them as they think she is yet not married.

And as per her family, they believe Nandini had told her friends about her marital status.

Dread caught her face when she saw Aryaman getting almost convinced but thankfully Navya interrupted "that's really sweet of you, Dadaji, but we need to go. I'm really late for my home."