Chapter 22.

After being dragged away by him surprisingly, Nandini ran her brain to think what made him suddenly so hyper.

May be he was angry because she was playing cricket with the lane kids, or may be because she hit the ball to a beggar's head which he found humiliating being his wife.

But the hold on her wrist told her otherwise.

He gripped it with so much possessiveness that it hurt her a bit but she didn't complained. She let him drag wherever he wanted as she next heard him grumbling under his breath.

"Irresponsible."

"so imprudent.."

"and reckless."

She frowned but kept quiet as she knew interrupting him will earn her more of his scold but she just wanted to know what was her fault for this sudden blow up.

And she ended up asking "well, it will be really nice of you if you tell me my fault."

He turned his head at her and squinted his eyes in disbelief "your fault? You don't know your mistake?" She shrugged making a hard look appear on his face "you are unbelievably careless and that's what your fault, Nandini."

"Wh-at--"

"Shut-up!" He snapped and brought her before him "what were you doing while there? Huh? Inviting a total stranger in your house?"

Realization drawn up into her mind as she sighed "It was out of humanity, Manik. I unintentionaly hit that beggar with the ball that's why I--"

"-that's why you went all wise and offered him to come to your house, isn't it?" She nodded earning a sarcastic tight lipped smile from him "That's splendidly ridiculous of you."

She blinked her eyes at his aggravated face "fine. I'm sorry. I didn't invited him for anything nonsense. I was just apologising for my mistake."

He looked down at her frown smeared face and then away rubbing his nape to calm his speedy heart "Manik, are you alright?"

He looked back at her now concerned gaze and sighed finally cooling himself down before nodding slowly "I'm fine..but you are going to be more conscious about the people you talk with. Is that clear?"

Giving him an indifferent look she nodded reluctantly to him. She could not understand the reason behind him scolding her for this mere thing. She wanted to argue that she is not a kid to be told how and whom to talk with but something inside her mind told her to agree to him.

Manik, on the other side, didn't know how to explain her why he is so worked up. She wasn't doing something wrong but with the man she spoke with was the same person who added miseries in his life.

And seeing her and that person in one frame did no good to his edginess.

He has recently started feeling a bit contented and he doesn't want it to be gone so soon. He wanted to engulf it. He wanted to cherish and experience it. But with that beast's shadow hovering behind, it was making it tough for him to grasp whatever he has.

"Now what?" He snapped out and looked at her as she raised her eyebrow waiting for his response "about?"

"What we are going to do now?"

He shoved his hand inside his pocket "Nothing. I'll just take you back."

She stared at him flatley and smiled pressing her lips tight "how romantic of you, Manik. You dragged your wife away from there for no reason? You are seriously no fun."