Chapter 21.

Sheetal felt never this enthusiastic like she felt now. She was overly joyous and excited. And why wouldn't she? Her daughter-in-law is finally going to come to her resident which had awaited for her grace since so long.

Having the need to take every necessity of Nandini as her first and top priority, Sheetal made a long list about the do's she has to first follow up in the house.

Nandini was just not her son's wife, she is her daughter.

Sheetal smiled noting one more do's in the list ; renovating his son's room. She drew a circle around the point when a thought occurred into her mind.

What made Manik accept Nandini so suddenly?

Even being happy, she can't quite get over with the thought which made her son change his stubbornness so suddenly. It even shudders her internally sometimes thinking with all the possible cruel reasons which may had lead to change her son's mind.

However, she didn't let the bad thoughts hover over her happiness.

Getting on her feet, she made her way up to her son's room and was about to knock the door when suddenly she heard her children bickering over something.

"-and I told you to write over another topic, haven't I?"

"But bhaiya what is wrong with this topic? All I wanted is to know a little about--"

"Meera Malhotra!"

Sheetal shuddered behind the door as she heard his loud roar with the followed up tensed silence next, until his deadly voice rang up "we are not having any discussion on this topic again. Do I make myself clear?"

"...."

"Good. Now straight to your room."

His dismissal made Sheetal open the door to his room ajar where at the the same time her daughter Meera walked straight out of the room without even looking up to her mother. But the misty look on her daughter's eyes didn't went unnoticed by her.

She looked next to her son who seemed severely furious with his heaving back facing to her.

Her heart wrenched seeing her children like this and as she opened her mouth to ask him the reason, she heard him speaking "She wanted to know about our father."

His eerily defeated tone stirred her in inside "Manik."

He turned around slowly and his gloomy look was enough for Sheetal to take him in her motherly warmth.

The steady gaze to the celling and head lying in his mother's lap lulled his mind to calmness whereas Sheetal didn't questioned him up next for the forty-five minutes. She just kept sitting with silence emerged around and her hand freely caressing his hair.

"I didn't wanted to be harsh, Maa."

She looked down at him and nodded with a hint of a smile "of course you didn't."

"I..I just wanted to keep her away from his nasty shadow. Nothing else."

Sheetal smiled sadly as her eyes fell at a distant while her mind took her to the time leaving her soul behind.