Chapter 9.

Neelam along with Sadhna and her grandson Sloke sat with Sheetal in Malhotras sadan's veranda, gossiping and preparing for the coming Teej pooja.

Sheetal had Sloke in her lap whereas Neelam and Sadhna went through the bridal adornments for Nandini which Sheetal got for as a tradition.

"I really loved this Saree, aunty ji. Nandini will surely look very pretty in this one." Letting her hand roam over the fabric, Sadhna grinned brightly at Sheetal whose smile was intact the whole time while playing with the little guy.

"Nandini is already very beautiful, Sadhna. Instead this Saree will be honoured after she grace it around her body, isn't it Neelam?"

Neelam chuckled "You and your sugar coated words has no competition, I swear. But I won't deny the fact."

"Yes, our Nandu is herself a Greek goddess." Sadhna added with a proud smile.

"And so is our Manik. He is an epitome of a gem, just the way his name describes himself." Sheetal beamed on Neelam's adoration upon her son.

Manik on the same time stroll down the stairs with his bag hung over his arm but was stopped on his steps when an enthusiastic pitch of his mother Sheetal interrupted him.

"Manik, look who is here."

Neelam smiled politely whereas Sadhna joined her hand to greet him "Namastey Manik ji."

He just nodded curtly without responding a word which left Sheetal grim whereas Sadhna and Neelam didn't minded much as they are very known to his demeanour attitude with peoples.

They had already accepted him the way he is.

" you want to say something?" He asked impatiently taking a quick look of his wristwatch but Sheetal stiffened "yes, I do. When someone is greeting you politely then you are expected to greet them back too."

"Its okay aunty ji. I didn't mind." Sadhna backed up quickly passing a soft smile to Manik whose facial expression didn't tended to change.

Sheetal was about to argue back but Sloke chose the exact time to wail aloud which caught everyone's attention toward him.

Manik sighed in relief and quitely walked out of there which did went noticed by Neelam.

"Does Manik knows about tomorrow's occasion?" Neelam asked while softly cooing to her grandson.

Sheetal gave her a dull smile which was enough to answer her.

"But what about the pooja performance, aunty ji? Unlike previous year I'm afraid he will deny coming for the pooja. And you know exactly how stubborn is Nandini. She won't break her fast until and unless the next morning appears. And as per the custom, a bride has to break her fast on the same night through her husband's hands."

Sadhna worries made Sheetal and Neelam to draw into deep thought.

Manik, on the other hand, reached college. He was parking his bike when suddenly his eyes caught her sight along with her other two friends.

She was laughing over something said by Navya but what caught his eyes was the boy next to her with the round rimmed specs, whose eyes were fixed and were shining with adoration for her.

The burning sensation started making its home inside him but he stayed put on his bike's sit.

He knew he has started going in the way which he oathed to never take but what should he do about the sensation of burn he felt inside his chest.