Chapter 13

I get out of the infirmary and go to tell the Commander about what has happened.
(In his office)
"Max I know what your saying, but we can't just...."
"We have to try sir. We know I could do it."
"No. I'm not going to let you go on a mission that I know you have a very little chance of returning! I need you here. Your a great second officer, I can't replace you."
"I'll take Odo! I'll go to the Dominion and try to settle the whole war before it gets out of hand. You always told me I was a great ambassador. Sir.....I need to know why they put that probe in my head." I state.
There was a long pause and then the Commander said "Alright. This is risky but I'll try it. You take Odo and Doctor Bashir. I want you back in 2 days, you got that Max."
"Aye sir!" I say and I walk out of the office and go to tell the Constable and the Doctor my plans.
"Julian." I say standing in front of the entrance to the infirmary.
"Oh gosh, what happened now Max!" He says.
"I didn't come here about being sick or hurt. Your coming with me on a mission to the Dominion home world." I state.
"Max, why? What are we going to do? We are at war with them."
"We are going to see why they put that probe in my head and also to try and make a peace treaty." I say.
"Who else is going. Knowing the Commander he didn't just let you go with me."
"I am taking the Constable with us too." I say. Julian goes to grab something and his tea falls off the desk. With my quick reflexes I hold the cup with my mind and save it before it spills everywhere.
"Thanks." he says as he grabs the Tarkalian tea.
"I'm just glad I have my telepathy back." I say. I brief him on the mission then I head off to the security office.
"Constable." I say walking into his office. He isn't sitting at his desk. Then I notice something out of the corner of my eye. Something starts to come out of the bucket.
Thinking that Odo is going to sneak up on me again i levitate him in the air and put him in front of me. He finishes with his form and then he's standing in front of me, crossing his arms.
"Hello Odo." I say.
"What is it Commander that you want?"
"Your coming with me on a mission to the Dominion home world." I say
"Commander with all due respect, I don't think after what just happened to you, you should go off traveling around the Gamma Quadrant to fulfill your dream of stopping this war. War was inevitable Commander."
"Odo, I'm going." I state finally.
"Very well. When should I be ready?"
"We leave in 1 hour." I say walking out.
I go to get the USS Rio Grande ready for departure. Julian arrives early and the Constable arrives exactly on time.
"This is the USS Rio Grande requesting departure." I say.
"You are clear to depart Rio Grande, and Commander, good luck." Major Kira says.
"Thank you Major, see you soon." I say.
By the time we get to the Dominion Home World. We had been hit once, and then dragged off our ship and beamed down to the planet. I knew our ship was still in orbit, before we left I turned on the proximity detector so if the runabout was near us my combage would vibrate every 5 minutes.
"The runabout is in orbit." I whisper to Odo.
"Well hello Commander Stone. I heard about your telepathy problem, it's a shame." The leader of the Founders says to me.
"Actually it turned out to be temporary, Doctor Bashir fixed me right up." I say and then I pull out from my pocket the probe that was in my brain.
"Dominion tech, am I right?" I say to the leader. I've learned that the Founders don't really have a filter when it comes to lying.
"Your correct. It was necessary to do this because you are, what we call unique. We couldn't just let you have those powers."
"It is my mind. You don't have the right!" I state.
"Max calm down." Julian whispers under his breath to me. He's right if I don't I would end of breaking any chance of making a treaty.
"Well this is not one of the main reasons I came, I have come on behalf of the Federation to propose a treaty." I say.
"No."
"Excuse me?" I say.
"No, you had your chance, and you all refused it."
"I'm trying to help, we could have the war end here and now."
"I'm sorry Commander that your efforts here were wasted, you can leave now."
I say goodbye and beam up to the Rio Grande with Odo and Doctor Bashir.
"Well, at least they let us leave, unlike the last time when major Kira and I came."
"Yes, now let's get out of here, before they change there minds."
We are half way to the worm hole when a Jem'Hedar warship came speeding after us. They fired once, and I yell "Raise shields!"
"Guess they changed there minds..." Julian pipes in. They fire again, this time hitting our right aft nacelle. We fire back twice but it's no use, we are venting plasma like crazy. We will blow any minute and the Jem'Hedar know that, they leave at high warp.
"Alright, Odo and Doctor Bashir, abandon ship." I state.
"We aren't leaving you here!" Julian yells.
"Yes you are. Don't make me make that an order, Lieutenant!" I get them in the escape pods after yelling for a whole minute about how I will be ok. To tell you the truth, I don't know if my regeneration will work. I might fly into space and regenerate or I might die in the explosion. I sat there for that whole minute trying my best to get away from the worm hole. Then the explosion happens,
I see a flash of light and I'm flown into space, I'm still alive, I'm breathing this isn't possible!
I here a whine that sounds like a dying whale and see a blue police box from the 1960's in front of me. "I'm must be hallucinating...." I say. "Julian told me if you start to get deprived of oxygen you mind can go crazy." I state. Great now I'm talking to myself. I see a rope being thrown out to me and a man in a brown suit with sticky uppy hair and converse says "Hold on to the rope I'm going to pull you in." I take the rope even though I'm hallucinating I might as well give my own self the benefit of the doubt to tel my mind it's not real. Wait did I say I just took the rope?! That's not possible! Second time today something was impossible, I should get used to it, now that I've said it so much. I am in the gamma quadrant. This uncharted territory. "I got you." The strange man, who I realize has a British accent says.
"I'm The Doctor. You must be Taylor!" He says.
"Who are you and why is this place bigger on the inside?" I ask.
"Good questions, I'm a Timelord, I thought I was the last one until I got a distress call, then somethif. Very wibbly wobby timey wimey happened and I saved you. Where you the only one in that ship?"
"No, two other people were with me, they escaped on a shuttle pod, I stayed behind because there was only one escape pod,
and second in the Commander, I don't abandon my ship." I say.
"Well then, It looks like we need to find your friends!"
I try to get up and a pain like no other hits me in my shoulder, I got hit by the plasma leak. Julian will have to fix it when we get back to the station.
"Let me take a look at that, it must hurt." He says.
"Don't. Touch." I state. I only trust Julian, besides how can he be a Timelord, the war I though killed them all by now.
"Alright but your going. To have to stay there then." He says in my mind.
How did he do that, I can only do that.
"I'm telling you I'm a Timelord, I'll explain it once we get with your friends." He says out loud now.
We find the pod about a lightest out from the worm hole, the blast pushed them really far.
When they got inside Odo was shocked but Julian just ran in and saw me he didn't care it was bigger on the inside, he'd seen stuff like me, he wasn't panicked.
"Max, your all right, oh thank gosh."
She's hurt, but she wouldn't let me treat her. I'm the Doctor by the way."
"She hates doctors." Julian states plainly.
"Why?"
I lift myself up a little bit and then realize it was a big mistake as the pain rips through my left shoulder.
"Stay down Max. Your shoulder has a level 3 plasma burn."
"Oh is that what it is?"
"You and your sarcasm!" Julian says.
"Oi stop bickering you too, you sound like a old married couple." The doctor states.
We stop and julian fixes my shoulder and puts a sling on me.
"Better?" He asks.
"Better." I say.
I get up and go over to the doctor as he goes by and ask "Can you get us through the wormhole to the station?"
"I can do anything!" He says. He then proceeded to flip various switches on the console and the ship made that dying whale sound and we were back at the station in a few seconds.
"Time Travel, you are Gallifreyan." I state.
"Yes I am. I'm afraid though I am the last Timelord you will ever see though." He says.
We get on the station and I go straight to the commander's office with Odo, Julian, and the doctor trailing behind me.