Chapter 20

"Okay everyone we are going to go around and state your Name, Rank, species, and what you will be doing on my ship. I'll go first." I say.
"My name is Taylor Stone, Captain, I'm Timelord, I'll be in charge." I say.
"Julian Bashir, Lieutenant, Human, I'm going to be the Chief Medical Officer." He says.
"Ezri Dax, Lieutenant, Trill and also host of the Dax symbiont...It was a accident, well technically...."
I look over at her and she sees that she should not go into the speech now.
'Anyways I will be your counselor on the Enterprise." Ezri finishes.
"I'm Nog, Commander, Ferangi, I will
be First officer."
We finish until we get to Commander Harry.
The whole bridge crew plus other personnel have talked for hours now.
"Harry Xanthopoulos, Commander, I'm Andorian, I will be chief of security."
"Thanks all of you. We will leaving in two days. Be ready and I can't wait to see all of your abilities and talents at work." I conclude. Now I go to see my ship. Alone, except Julian wants to come.
I sigh, pinch my nose with my fingers and say "I never though being a Captain could be this exhausting."
"You'll have a whole crew to help you soon." Julian says.
"I know, but to get the crew and set up everything...."
"You'll get through it."
We get on and go straight to the bridge. It's such a sight. It looks like the Enterprise D but more lush, everything white and silver and shiny. I go to the Captain's chair and sit down. I'm a captain, this is my ship. I can't believe it.
I go through each of the decks one by one and finally stop at the sickbay because Julian is about to jump up and down to see it.
"It's amazing!" He says.
I laugh and let him wonder around.
"I never had this on DS9!" He states picking up some tool.
"Oh come on Taylor! I though you would have at least geeked out over all the brand new technology!"
"I am. I'm holding it in though."
"Don't!" He says.
"Alright. Did you see that lateral core for the main computer! That's the only one in existence! We are the first one to ever have it. Everything in technology on this ship is the first of its kind. They had to have people take a new type of class just to serve on this ship, and to fix this." I say.
"I have no idea what you just were flipping out about."
"The new computer core." I say.
"Ah."
I pinch my nose again, stupid headache. It's all because of so much going on.
"Headache?" Julian asks gently.
"Yeah." I say still pinching my nose, it's getting worse.
"Let me take a look with my scanner.
sit down." He says.
"There is a slight level change in your coroplasin region."
"What?" I say. My head hurts so I'm not in the mood for defining every medical term of his.
"It means your headache is caused by not enough sleep and lack of food."
I nod.
"When's the last time you ate?"
It takes me a minute but then I remember.
"Dinner last night."
"Alright that's it. Come with me."
He takes my hand and practically drags me to Ten forward.
"Hello Captain." A women says.
I turn around and notice who it is.
"Guinan!" She looked the same, but I knew she was almost 300 years old by now.
"When I heard you requested me I came right away." She says smiling.
"Guinan, can you get Max a Vercaliam tea, a macaroni and cheese, 2 faldom sticks, and for desert a triple chocolate sundae."
"Coming right up." She says.
"Vercaliam tea?" I ask.
"It helps with headaches, and stress. It is quite good but only used for medical purposes manly." He says.
We take a seat and not a minute later Guinan brings us my food. I eat all of it and drink all the tea. My headache is still there but it's not that bad. Instead of a 7 it's down to a 4.
"Now, your going to rest."
"Julian I'm not that tired. I don't have to sleep as much as you."
"I know but when's the last time you slept?"
It takes even longer to remember that.
"4 or 5 days ago."
"Max that's ridiculous."
"I had to finish a lot before we left DS9. I had to train a new computer operations for temporary help."
"Off to bed, now." He says.
I begrudgingly say yes and go off to my new quarters.
When I fall to sleep I enter the world of nightmares.
I'm running from something, I turn around, it's the Borg. "You will be assimilated. The killer of the the Borg will be assimilated."
I get to the edge of the cliff and jump.
I keep falling and falling. When I finally do land I am in a cage, fire all around me, by now I'm screaming. I try to pick the lock on the cage, a huge person in a mask comes out of the fire laughing. It's Sloan. He takes out a phaser and hands it to me. Now the fire and cage disappear. Standing in front of me is Admiral Pike, Julian, Ezri, and my sister, my long dead sister.
"Shoot them."
I can't, I can't. My hand goes up, but I'm not controlling it. I hear the phaser go off and I wake up.
"Taylor. It's alright. Shhhh." Julian says.
I'm sweating and I'm on a adrenaline rush.
"How did you get in?" I ask.
"Medical override. If need be I do know how to hack your security code." He says.
I look at him confused and he says
"I learned from the best." Which meant me.
I'm panting and still frightened.
He sits there on the bed next to me and hugs me.
"What was the nightmare about?"
I told him and then he looked at me and said "You know, Section 31 tried to recruit me a lot, Sloan was always sent to try."
After he gives me a hot chocolate and I get dressed into my uniform we head off.
"If you like I could help you with the nightmares. Sessions in the holodeck can help you realize that they are not real and also you might not be scared anymore."
"Sure." I say as we get to the turbo lift.
All of a sudden I hear alarms go off and the I get a call from Admiral Ross.
"Everyone to battle stations. Captain Stone, I want you to get your crew ready and to leave within the hour."
"What's the matter Admiral?"
"There is this un identified fleet coming right into our territory. I've notified Star Fleet."
"Alright I'll be ready to leave in half an hour. Stone out."
By the time we get ready it took us only 20 minutes.
I get on the bridge and go to my chair. Everyone is staring at me, "Clear all moorings Ensign Del."
"Aye sir."
I then open coms.
"Hello everyone this is your Captain speaking. I know our time has been cut short. Our mission is to find out what this fleet is and what there mission is. Stone out."
"Captain Stone I need you in the infirmary." A nurse says.
"On my way."
That's odd. Maybe Julian is busy. Probably had to take a call.
When I get there and the door opens, I see Julian lying on a bed. His eyes are closed and I start to panic. On the outside, I'm not even shaking or anything. But on the inside my whole body is going crazy just by seeing him there.
"What happened?" I ask calmly.
"He was working on the computer system trying to get some files off when the computer put out a force field. He got shocked, 60 V."
I knew that could kill someone but he was strong. I walk over and see him. I hold his hand and his eyes open slightly.
"Hey." I say smiling.
"Max." He says trying to get up.
I hold him back and tell him not to get up.
"Ugh." He says.
"Next time you try to make a repair on a computer like that, call me please." I say.
"I was doing fine and then the system shut me out and I got hit."
"Reversal back loop. You have to enter the access code every time you get farther into the system, not like on DS9." I say.
He puts his hands over his face.
"Rest, I'm going to need you." I say. He closes his eyes and I leave.
"Captain we are reaching the fleet." Nog says.
"Coming." I say.
When I get to the bridge and see the ships, I have to sit down. "Daleks. They are Daleks."
I say. All of a sudden I hear the TARDIS. The Doctor comes out and says "Yes they are, and we are going to stop them."