Chapter 21

"The Daleks are suppose to be dead, extinct!" I yell at him.
"Some of them survived. Only 4, but they breed more and more and now, there are thousands. I've encountered them a few times over the past 300 years since the war." The Doctor says.
"WE ARE THE DALEKS YOU WILL ALL BE EXTERMINATED!" I hear over the com channel.
"I see they haven't changed much." I say to the Doctor.
"WE WANT THE TIMELORD." The Daleks state.
"Apparently they don't know that there are two timelords." I say.
"RESPOND. GIVE US THE TIMELORD OR YOUR SHIP WILL BE DESTROYED."
"I need you on this ship Doctor, you can help find a way to stop them, like you always do. I'll go."
"Captain, you know your place is..."
"On the bridge." I say cutting off Commander Nog.
"I'm going. They want a Timelord, they didn't specify which one." I say.
The Doctor tried arguing that I should stay here, but it was useless.
I get down to the transporter and beam over.
"YOU ARE NOT THE DOCTOR."
"Oh, no I'm worse. I'm Max Stone, you destroyed my planet, I'm a Timelord, and I'm the second last of my kind. Now you may take me prisoner." I state.
"I AM ALPHA LEADER. THERE ARE NO OTHER TIMELORDS. THE DOCTOR IS THE ONLY ONE. YOU ARE AN IMPOSTER, PREPARE TO BE EXTERMINATED!"
"Take a blood test. You'll find I'm an exact DNA match to the president at the time, Sarah Stone. I'm her daughter." I say.
He doesn't believe me and that's when everything goes down hill. The Dalek fires, I feel it as his weird phaser goes through me. Is this it or will I regenerate? I don't know these days because I'm enhanced.
I feel the electricity going through me, way more than Julian got shocked with today. I am still breathing, I feel the transporter beam me back up. A couple seconds later I here a explosion, the fleet must have been destroyed. I lay on the transporter, I feel great, but I see my hand shining a bright gold. Julian runs in and comes over to me, the Doctor right behind him.
"She is regenerating." The Doctor says.
"What do we do?" Julian asks.
"Get her to my ship, I don't want her to blow her new ship up." He says.
So Julian picks me up bridal style and take me to the TARDIS.
"Max you know what happens right?" The Doctor asks.
"Oh yeah." I say knowing very well what had happened to my mom all those years ago.
"What's going to happen?!" Julian asks.
I explain as quickly as possible but there's only so much I can say before I gasp in pain.
"Max the longer you hold it in...." The Doctor says.
"I know I know." I say cutting him off.
I stand up with the help of Julian and then they stand back. I just keep wishing I will not look that different. Focus on the face I think to myself. My arms are glowing now and I let it all out.
"Love you." I say to Julian right before my whole body turns a bright gold. The sensation feels like I'm burning and freezing at the same time.
When it's over I look around. Then I look at the mirror that's on the console. I used to have brown hair that went down to my shoulders and was wavy that I always put in a pony tail, I was 5'4, not that tan at all, bright blue eyes, and a smile that always made people feel welcome and friendly around me.
Now I have longer straight brown hair, those same blue eyes, I'm 5'7 or 5'8, my smile is still warm and friendly but I look a year or two younger that I was before. I used to look like I was 24 but now I look my age, 20 and young. I look as thin as a twig. I'm still not tan, and I see some freckles that are on my nose and cheeks.
"I feel awful." I say.
"Side affect. Normally it comes with neural implosions, you wanting to eat a lot, tiredness, temporary memory loss." The Doctor goes on and on.
"You look great, but I think I should get you down to the sickbay." Someone in the same uniform says to me. I know what he does and that we are dating but I don't remember his name.
"Um.....you. Sure." I say.
"Julian." He says sadly.
"It only lasts 24 hours Doctor. She will be fine, don't worry." The Doctor says.
Julian picks me up bridal style again and I say "I can walk you know."
"Haha. I don't trust that theory right now. For all I know you would walk into a wall."
I fall asleep in his arms and the next thing I know is I'm in he infirmary. I feel much better, whatever Julian did must have worked.
"Your up, it's been a whole day. You had a high fever for more than 9 hours, one of your hearts were failing, I though I....I was going to lose you."
"You will never loose me." I say.
"Your stabilized now, in fact your in perfect health."
I here a bark and Porthos comes running in to see me. He licks my face, even though I have changed he knows it's me.
"Hey buddy. Did Ezri give you lots of cheese while you were at her place? I bet she spoiled you like crazy." I say.
"Actually Porthos barely touched his cheese and any of his food and water last night. He wouldn't do anything. He really missed you."
Commander Nog comes in and Ezri leaves Porthos for me.
"Uh Captain?"
"Still me Nog." I say.
"The fleet was completely destroyed and we have been scanning the area for any more signs of enemy ships. Sir." He concludes.
"Thank you Commander. You have the bridge till Doctor Bashir releases me."
He nods and then says goodbye.
I pet Porthos and Julian finds some treats.
"Max....Don't ever do that to me again, please."
"I promise." I say holding his hand.
I spend the rest of the day in sick bay and I'm released the next day at 0800. I get dressed and go straight to the bridge. Speech time. I stand near the security station and say
"What happen yesterday, has effected us all, but I know I can count on you all. Now let's get going, there's whole Galaxy's out there that have not been discovered yet, races that we have never met." Then I sit down and say the words of a old friend of mine,
"Engage."