Chapter 18

When we get to Quarks he still lets us use the holosuite, but is reluctant about us using it for 2 hours. Seriously Quark?
I hover into the holosuite with Julian and then ask "So who do you want me to be?"
"You could be M or Mrs. Moneypenny." He says.
"It doesn't matter." I say.
I finally decide on being Moneypenny. We go through the whole holoprgram in 1 and a half hours. Quark can't yell at us now! It was really fun and even though I new what was coming, Julian didn't. He got hit 5 times in the same spot. I saved him 2 times and he saved me 3 times. When we are done I end up having to help him down to the infirmary.
"I don't understand, I hit the guy so much and all I did was bruise his ego, he hit me 5 times and I have two bruised ribs, a cut on my jaw, and a broken arm!" He states.
"Your the one who said you could handle it." I point out.
"Alright, next time I'll check with you first before saying I can handle it, you did make the program after all."
"Yes...." I get cut off by my combadge going off. "Sisko to Stone and Bashir."
"Yes Captain?" I ask.
"I need you both in ops right away."
"On our way." Julian says.
"What do you suppose he wants?" I ask.
"I don't know." Julian says.
When we get up to ops the captain tells us that the Dominion have seized fire and are calling for a treaty. Then he says "I need you in my office Commander."
"Your in troubleeee." Julian says.
"Oh stop it!" I say.
I get into the Captains office and he looks serious. Okay Julian might be right, but what did I do?
"Taylor, what where you thinking?"
"Sir?" I ask
"You think that you would just be pushed to the side after what happened on the outpost. Star Fleet wants to honor you, Captain. Congratulations! Your now going to be a Captain! I put in for the request and Star Fleet just got back to me today, what an opportune time!" Sisko says.
I'm speechless. What am I suppose to say?
I'm only 20. Am I going to be transferred and have my own ship? Does this mean I pick my own crew and go off exploring the Galaxy? I'm a computer officer, I'm not a person who likes to give orders!
"I would think you would be speechless." Sisko says smiling.
"I just....what's going to happen?"
"Well Admiral Ross is on his way to give you the ceremony for becoming Captain. He also says he would like to see you with your own ship in a few months. I hear he's going to give you the new Enterprise. Since Captain Picard got promoted to Admiral. He has a job at Star Fleet Headquarters. You even get to pick your own crew."
"When will he arrive?"
"6 hours."
"Wow, thank you so much." I say.
"You deserve it."
I hover out of the office and go see Julian. When I get to the infirmary he's smiling and asks "How did it go?"
"I'm going to be a Captain, with my own ship." I state.
"That's great! You don't sound happy..."
"I'm just shocked Julian. How can I be a captain, in a hover chair, and never do the job I love here on DS9 ever again?"
"Well I have some great news! I think you might be able to walk again without a cane or any other help." He says.
"Really?!"
"It's risky, but I'm running tests now." He says.
"It involves giving you completely new vertebrae in your back."
"I'll do it." I say.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
So that was settled, Admiral Ross came and promoted me to Captain, in 5 months I will be with a brand new ship called the Enterprise E and I officially had the surgery 2 days ago. I'm progressing, I should be able to completely walk on my own again in 1 month.
"Your doing great Max, just a few more feet." Julian says encouraging me.
Oh and did I mention Julian and I are dating now? Admiral Ross let him be the CMO on the Enterprise E. Ezri Dax is going to be the counselor, my first officer is going to be Commander Nog, I'm also going to be doing some computer operations, my second officer will be Commander Data and my Chief engineer will be Miles O'Brian. I have not picked my security officer or science officer yet, but I'm think of making Commander Harry my security officer and Lieutenant Zain as my science officer.
"Captain Stone."
"Yes Major Kira."
"A Admiral Janeway just called and wanted to talk to you."
"Patch it into the infirmary."
"Do you mind?" I ask Julian.
"Not at all, use my office."
When I get in there with my hover chair, I'm going to have to use it for the next week or 2 until I'm strong enough to use a cane.
"Max, nice to see you again." She says smiling.
"I see you got promoted." I say.
"I heard the same about you!" She says.
We talk for an hour and she asks me how I'm doing and who will be my crew, what ship I have and then finally she gives me advice.
What stuck with me the most was
"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew. Goodbye Max, and also your father wanted me to tell you hi."
"Thanks for calling Admiral and tell my dad I love him."
"He's very proud of you, he keeps bragging about it to all the other officers at the academy!"
"I bet. Captain Stone out."
I press the screen and the call ends.