Chapter 14

We get into Commander Sisko's office and the first thing he does is ask how it went. He didn't even question why my shoulder was hurt, where the runabout was, or why there was a strange man in the room besides us officers.
Sometimes I seriously wonder about the Commander and his observation skills, and also in what order he should ask questions.
"Sir, it was a good meeting at first, the founders explained why they put the probe in my head but they didn't want a treaty at all. We were escorted to the runabout and on our way back the Jem'Hedar attacked us. The right plasma naccel was leaking like crazy and one more hit and I knew the ship would explode. There was only one escape pod that would only fit 1 person, and of course Odo. So I let them leave, told them to evacuate. Then the ship blew up, I thought I was dead, but I could breath outside in space, without a suit and everything...then this man right here,' I point to the Doctor,
"Saved me." I finish.
"What happen to your shoulder?"
Now he asks this, see.
"Level three plasma burn." Julian pipes in.
"Very well." You are all dismissed.
Julian takes me down to the infirmary unwillingly.
"Just one week Max that's all I'm asking, one week without getting hurt, is that to much to ask?" Julian states.
"I guess it is dr." I tell Julian.
"Now I know your in pain." He says.
"I'm at my best when hurt." I say.
The Doctor came down and joined us in the infirmary.
"So Max, where's your mum and dad?"
"My mom is dead, died when I was three in a ship explosion. My dad is in jail for the rest of his life because he experimented on me, he took me to get genetically enhanced." I state. I wince when Julian touches my shoulder and he says in that soothing voice he only uses with me "Max it's alright. I'm not going to hurt you, honestly by now you know that."
"Yes I do know that, it's just a fear I have." I say.
"Max I'm so sorry." The Doctor says about my parents.
"Everyone says that." I state.
"I knew your mum very well. I even came over to your house, although you weren't born yet, but I played with you sister all time, she's great."
"She was great Doctor, she died in the ship explosion with my mom."
"So I'm expecting the war is over now, how did you survive? I thought no one would."
"I was the one who blew up Gallifrey. I saw no end to the war so I pressed a big red button and destroyed all the Daleks and Timelords. 2,000 dead cos of me." He says.
"I've done far worse, Doctor. I destroyed multiple people because I was a young girl who got a phaser held to her head and told that if she didn't press a button and destroy the Borg she would die." I say.
"Max, you and I have a lot in common." He says.
"To me your just a echo of my past." I state.
"Max I rewrapped your bandage on your shoulder. I don't want you going back to those computers of yours for a good few days." Julian says.
"Dinner tonight?" I ask.
"Sure. Just anywhere but Quarks!" He says laughing.
"Deal." I say. I walk off and the Doctor is right behind me.
"Why are you here? How did you find me? What do you want?!" I yell at him.
If I don't keep my anger down I might just end up blowing something up. I've learned to control my powers over the years but when I get angry sometimes that control slips and I lose it.
"Calm down Max. You don't want to blow the promenade up do you?" He asks.
"Leave! Just leave..." I say. Him being here brought the memories flooding back, that's why I don't want him here. He brings back my past, the past I never want to relive.
"Let me show you something." He says.
I walk to his ship which I know now as the TARDIS. When we get in, he flips switches, bangs the console a few times and then pulls a screen over for me.
"Show Gallifrey, date 2466."
Soon a beautiful orange field with lush grass and brown, golden trees pop up. I played in that field when I was a baby, I was only one.
"My dad taught me how to walk there." I say.
"He did, you know what your mom did as a job?"
"No." I stated. "She was a leader of the high council. One year she was even President." She worked in the city, that's the big citadel over there." He said pointing to the gorgeous dome.
He continued telling me about my past for an hour and then about the war, and what he has done since then.
When he was done he stayed in the TARDIS and I went off and saw Julian, I was meeting in his quarters for dinner. When I get to his room I hit the door chime.
"Come in." He says.
"It smells amazing in here!" I say.
"I made my grandmothers homemade fettuccine Alfredo, you'll love it."
"I bet, I brought by a book I thought you might like, It's about Gallifreyan Anatomy, the Doctor gave it to me, but I know he was thinking of you." I say.
"Thanks, at least I won't have to write my own book on the Timelord body. It saves me time." He says.
He grabs me a plate and puts some pasta on it, along with it is garlic bread, and for dessert he says it is something that has to do with chocolate, he knows it's my favorite.
We enjoy the meal and dessert for a good two hours. I explain my past and he tells me a little bit of his but he's hiding it. Then he tells me something I would never expect.
"Star Fleet has decided that I should be the next LMH! I'm going to be living on forever." He says.
"That's great! I'd love to meet Louis Zimmerman, he built the original EMH, he's the creator of pretty much a whole new era of holographic imagining, his techniques I studied in the academy, I've even tried to make one in my free time!" I say.
He smiled and then I said "Did I geek out a bit to much on that one?"
"No, I'm going crazy right now too! He comes tomorrow." He says.
We finish dinner and then I leave after what has seemed like one of the best nights of my life.