Chapter 12

"So first you have to take out one of the working isoliniar rods and replicate it." I say.
Julian takes it to the replicator and makes a new one.
"Take the jammed isoliniar rod and put it on the desk. Then your going to put the new isoliniar rod in." I say.
"That was easy!" He says.
"We are just half way done!" I laugh.
"Now we have to reprogram the new isoliniar rod to be exactly like the old one. Which with these Cardassian computers, we're going to have to break some of the rules for computer programming." I say.
"Ok, so what do I do now?" He asks.
"Oh gosh." I say.
Then I start instructing him on how to program the rod using a Cardassian method combined with a few of my own tricks I have made. By the time we get done, I have taught him how to get the computer back to normal. It's 1700 and I'm so hungry I would eat gagh right now. Since I'm confined to the infirmary and Quarks for dinner, Dax said we could celebrate my birthday at Quarks. I agreed but only to have a few people be there. She said that was ok and so Julian and I left to go meet them.
When I got there the place looked empty and then out of nowhere Dax, Sisko, Kira and Jake popped out from different places in the room.
I literally almost screamed. What was this!?
"It's called a suprise party." Dax says.
"Never had one?" Jake asks.
"Never had a party at all really. Except when I was 3."
That made the table silent.
"So what do you want to do first? Play darts, play domjat?" Jack asks.
I pick darts and that's the start of a amazing night. I find out that Dr. Bashir is only 21, lets just say we played a age guessing game and I got everyone wrong. It's not the same when you can't use your telepathic abilities. It changes you, it makes you feel vulnerable, it makes you feel....weak to be honest.
When the party is over Julian and I walk back to the infirmary and I am told to sleep. I'm 17 and in Star Fleet. Yet I have a sleep curfew right now?! Doctors.
When I wake up Julian had fallen asleep on his desk, he was researching all the different ways to get the small probe out. It looks like he found maybe 2 ways to get it out. I get out of bed and feel a little shaky, it must be that fever. I walk over to Julian and shake his shoulder gently. "Max...oh." He says.
"Morning." I say. I try to keep balanced but by now the world seems to be spinning and I know I'm going to black out if I don't sit down. Julian grabs me and gets me back on the bed. He takes his tricorder and starts scanning me.
"You have high fever." He grabs a the hypo spray and puts in a new medicine.
"This should help." He gives me the hypo and my whole body goes back down to normal temperature.
"There. Max I found two ways to remove the probe but we also have to find out who did this. It looks like nothing I've ever seen before."
"I'll try whatever you have." I state. He starts to set something up and then he comes over and says.
"Alright this is my first trial. I'm going to use a micro transporter and the scan of the probe to get the probe out. Once we do this, we should be able to tell who did this."
"It's not going to hurt at all." He says.
"I've heard that before."
He went over to the console and pressed a few buttons.
"And.....energizing." He says. Immediately my head feels like it's splitting in two. I try to keep calm but I end up letting out a full blown cry.
"It worked." Julian says.
The pain was dulling down and pretty soon there was no headache.
"Your fever has broken and I'm guessing your headache is gone." He says.
I nod and then say "Who did it?"
"The Dominion."
"I was never even near them!"
"I don't know Max, it's the only plausible explanation. You know I've considered all the facts."
"But, I only met them once this night. I was watching them the whole time!"
"They could have put the probe in when you were asleep. They know with your abilities you could beat them in the war they were eventually going to declare." He states.
"So can I leave now?" I ask.
"Sure, but take it easy, I don't want to see you in the infirmary for at least a week." He says smiling.
"I'll try." I say.