Chapter 4

I wake up at 0645. Thankfully I am all set and I just have to put on my uniform and grab my one bag. I should have set an alarm I think.
I take the stairs down and walk the short 2 minutes to the café. I see Julian waiting for me at the entrance. "Good morning." I say.
"Let's grab a seat. I think there's a free table over there." We sit down and order our meals.
"So, you were saying yesterday about how you got into Star Fleet." He says.
"Well it's complicated but I guess the easiest way to say it is. I'm genetically enhanced. I was taken by my father to Delta IV when I was 3. My father dropped me off and me left me there for 5 years. When I was 8 Captain, now Admiral Pike, saved me. I got into Star Fleet so early because, let's just say, my IQ is 10 times higher than a Vulcan. I have enhanced sight, eye hand coordination, stamina, the works. Now you may call me a monster, you can call me a freak, but understand that I didn't want to be this way. I'm not even human." I say.
He looks at me with those puppy dog eyes of his and then says "I understand. Your not a freak Taylor." He says. Then like a whisper he says. "I'm like you too."
I hold back a gasp. I knew he was holding back his potential. He seemed so much smarter than anyone I had ever met. I look at him and say "No one else knows?"
"No. I haven't told anyone. I would be court marshaled and banned from Star Fleet." He says.
"Your secret is safe with me." I say.
"Now you said you weren't human. I have a feeling your a Betazoid? When I scanned you at Star Fleet medical your telepathic skills were off the chart. Also there was another odd thing. You had two hearts. I didn't tell anyone and deleted the files of your examination. But now I'm starting to think your not even a species known by Star Fleet." He says.
"I'm not. I'm a Time Lord. I'm the last Time Lord actually. Only Admiral Pike and a few select others know." I say.
"Alright. So what are the Time Lords and why are you the last one?"
"There was a war. A war that would have never ended. My parents saw that and fled our home planet called Gallifrey with my sister and I. My parents had borrowed a Time Machine. Yes they are real. My people were just like humans except that they had grown beyond even humans capabilities. Some had telepathic powers, I did not until after my enhancement, two hearts, and vast intelligence of the Universe. They were the guardians of the Galaxy as some people called them. They watched over other races, never to interfere. So anyways my parents came here. They raised us but when I was 3 there was a terrible attack on my mother and fathers ship, called the Enterprise."
"I've heard of it. Your mom who was also the captain saved the ship and let the crew get off safely by fixed the warp drive herself. They say the only person there to see her die was her daughter. Your her daughter!" He says.
"Yes and my sister died on the ship, but my father and I escaped. He set the ship on self destruct." I say.
"Taylor I'm sorry." He says.
We got are food and ate it quickly. We had to be to the space dock in 30 minutes.
"Well that was a great breakfast, sadly it's the most luxurious thing I'll be having until we get the replicators working on DS9."
"Yes. Does that mean we have to live off field rations for a few weeks?" He asks.
"Yep. Let's get going we depart in 10 minutes." I say to him.
'This is Commander Stone to Space dock two to beam up.'
We beam up and rush to landing pad C.
"Almost late Commander. Hopefully you will have better timing next time?" Captain Janeway says.
"Yes sorry Captain. I was a bit late getting my breakfast and..."
"It's alright. Now we have to get on our way. Take your seats and we will be off shortly." She says.
"You know Captain Janeway! The Captain Janeway!" Julian says.
"Yes I met her when I was rescued. She was a Ensign at the time." I say.
We talk the rest of the way and when we arrive he is mentally bouncing up and down. It's like he's been internally screaming for the past hour. Since we got into Bajoran space.
"Julian calm down." I say.
"What are you talking about?" He asks.
"Your practically bouncing off the wall in your mind!"
"Sorry, I just can't wait. This is what I have been waiting for. Frontier Medicine. I asked for this job." He tells me.
"Alright but just calm down, your going to give me a headache."
He calms down a bit and we dock at the station. As soon as we get off Commander Sisko and Lieutenant Dax were waiting for us.
"Commander nice to see you again! And Dax, long time no see. I see you changed again!" I say.
"Nice to see you to, Commander. Great job graduating from the academy. The last time I saw you was just before you applied. Admiral Pike must be so proud." He says.
"I'll catch up with you over lunch sometime." I say.
"Jadzia! Nice to see you again." Julian says.
"Im glad you got this job Max. You are the perfect person to have for this job. And it's great to see you to Doctor." Dax says.
Julian goes off to his room and I am about to too, but I get called by Commander Sisko.
"I'm sorry Taylor, but it looks like I'm going to need you right away. The chief isn't here yet so we haven't been able to get anything up and running on the computers. I was hoping we could talk and you could help fix the main computer so we could get a look at how bad the systems really are?"
"Yes certainly." I say. Dax grabs my bag and says goodbye.
I start walking with the Commander to ops