Chapter 19

"You should rest Max." Julian says after working for a hour on my walking and only getting a few more inches than last time.
"I didn't even get that far this time!" I state.
"You're forgetting it's not even a week yet. You walking a very short distance in such little time is remarkable. Why don't we go get some lunch?"
"Alright. Please tell me you didn't invite anyone."
"Ok I invited the chief, but that's all I promise."
"Fine, I guess I could tell him about his new promotion to be the chief engineer on the Enterprise E."
We arrive at Quarks right during lunch break, it's packed, thankfully the chief is sitting at a table waiting for us so we can just skip through the line, well Julian has to tell everyone to make more room for me which is ok but a bit annoying.
"Captain, Julian."
"Three years chief and you still can't call me Taylor!"
"Sorry, just a habit I'm used to."
"Julian I ordered us all some drinks. He told me your favorite before you came Taylor." He says.
"Did he now?" I ask.
"Raktijino. Extra Sweet. You have it every day, It's hard to forget."
We get are drinks and then I tell chief the good news.
"If your up to it, I would like for you to be Chief of Engineering on the Enterprise E." I say.
"You chose me?"
"Your the best of the best chief."
"Well I'll have to talk it over with Keko but I think it would be a yes." He says.
Our food comes and we finish lunch after an hour.
"I have to go tell the rest of there new positions, so I will see you all later." I say.
Before I leave I surprise almost everyone in Quarks by standing up out of my hover chair and hugging Julian. He smiles and then helps me sit back down. I may not be able to walk far but just standing up again after months, was amazing.
I tell Dax first, then go down the list until I get to Lieutenant Zain, my future science officer. She's Betazoid and a great friend of mine since we met at the academy.
I hit the door chime and she says "Come in Taylor!"
"Anamelia Zane, it's seems like it's been forever!"
"I heard what happen, I'm so sorry."
"Actually I'll be walking by the end of the month, did surgery with Dr. Bashir and have been doing therapy." I say.
"So what's up?"
"I want you to be my science officer on my ship, since I'm a Captain now I will be getting the Enterprise E in 5 months, it's still at the Utopia Planetia ship yard."
"I would be honored!" She says.
"Then see you soon, Lieutenant."

So 5 months later I travel with my crew to Station 159 where my ship awaits. I am walking again, still a little wobbly at times, but better. I am shoved into a compartment with my dog, Porthos, Julian, Ezri and Zain. Chief O'Brian is already there along with Commander Harry. Commander Harry is the Chief of Security for 159 currently.
"Porthos would you move over a little please?" Julian asks.
"I'm sorry." I pick Porthos up and sit him on my lap. He's a beagle and he loves cheese, seriously he's addicted, so I named him after Captain Archers dog Porthos.
I say to Porthos "Stay."
The look he gives me says 'But mom, Julian has treats, I can smell them.'
"Julian do you have Porthos cheese treats in your pocket or bag?"
"So that's why he wanted to sit on my lap." He states when he rummages through his bag and finds the treats.
"I forgot you told me to put them in my bag because you didn't have enough room."
"You two are seriously yelling at each other over dog treats?" Zain states.
"We both just have strong opinions." I say.
"Whatever." Ezri says.
So when we arrive everyone meets us at the docking area.
"Nice to see you again, Captain." Commander Harry says.
"You to X." I say. Harry's last name is actually Xanthopoulos, but the Commander just uses his first name.
"We will meet in the ready room in 30 minutes." I say.
"I'll take your stuff Captain." A ensign says to me.
"Thanks." I say and he takes mine and all the others stuff.