Chapter Thirty-One

Sakari's POV

"Hey, uh, Zuko? I don't wanna tell you how to do your job or anything, but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom?" Sokka asked. "There's no way Aang's there."

"Just trust him, Sokka." I told my brother, catching on to Zuko's plan.

We eventually landed in front of a tavern that sounded like a fight was going on inside. Yep, sounds like June.

"And the reason you've brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara asked, slightly annoyed.

"June." Zuko stated, pointing to the woman that was beating a few guys up.

"Oh! That weird bounty hunter with the giant mole!" Sokka announced.

"Mole?" Suki asked confused, while we watched June continue fighting. "Her skin is flawless."

"No, she has this giant mole she rides around on." Sokka said.

"The Shirshu." I stated.

"It's the only thing that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world." Zuko explained. "It's our only shot at finding him."

I turned my attention back to June as she sent a bulk guy flying into a table, making me cringe at how much that must've hurt.

"I don't know who this June lady is, but I like her." Toph commented with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey, she helped you attack us!" Sokka stated, coming to the realisation.

"Yeah, back in the good old days." Zuko replied as we approached her.

"Oh, great." June stated as she saw us. "It's Prince Pouty and his Water Princess. Where's your creepy grandpa?"

"He's my uncle." Zuko stated. "And he's not here."

"Right, what do you want?" She asked.

"We need your help finding the Avatar." I told her.

"Hm, doesn't sound very fun." She rolled her eyes.

"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?!" Zuko yelled, getting in her face.

"Geez, ok." June said, taking us outside to her Shirshu.

She threw the Shirshu a large piece of meat before giving it a cuddle and turning back to us.

"Alright, who's got something with the Avatar's scent on it?" June asked.

"What about Aang's staff?" I asked Katara who was one step was ahead of me.

Katara handed June the staff and she let the Shirshu sniff it, the Shirshu did a few laps around us, trying to catch Aang's scent, before giving up and laying on the ground with its paws over its nose.

"The hell does that mean?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

"It means your friend's gone." June told us.

"We know he's gone. That's why we're trying to find him." Toph stated.

"No, I mean he's gone gone. He doesn't exist." June said.

"What do you mean he doesn't exist?" Sokka asked, getting frustrated. "Do you mean he's, you know, dead?"

"Nope, we could still find him if he were dead." June said. "Anyway, see ya."

"Helpful. Real helpful." Toph said sarcastically.

"Wait, I have another idea." Zuko announced. "There's only one other person in this world who can help us face my father."