Chapter Twenty-Four

Sakari's POV

BOOM!!!

"Huh? What?" I woke with a start.

I looked up just in time to see Aang blow a gust of air, shutting the metal doors around us to protect us.

"What the hell is going on?!" I yelled, slightly annoyed at being woken up so suddenly.

"Watch out!" I heard Zuko yell and turned my head just in time to see him push Katara out of the way of falling debris.

"What are you doing?" She asked angrily.

"Keeping rocks from crushing you." Zuko replied.

"Ok, I'm not crushed, can you get off me now?" Katara asked, pushing him off her.

"I'll take that as a thank you." Zuko stated as I helped him to his feet.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" I directed my question at Aang.

"We're under attack!" He told me.

"Yeah no shit." I replied, rubbing some sleep from my eye.

There was a sudden rumble as Toph and Haru bended a hole in the wall for us to escape.

"Come on, we can get out through here." Toph said.

Everyone started running into the hole, but I noticed that Aang was having trouble with Appa, so I tried to help him.

"What are you doing?" Aang asked Zuko, who was standing near the now broken metal doors.

"You guys go ahead; I'll hold them off." Zuko said. "I think this is a family visit."

And with that Zuko ran towards the danger.

"Zuko!" I yelled.

Aang and I tried to run after him but Sokka grabbed us and held us back.

"Come on, we've gotta get out of here." He told us.

Aang, Sokka, Katara, and I all started trying to pull Appa into the hole as we watched Zuko jump through a hole in the doors. Appa was resisting us a lot, apparently, he doesn't like tight spaces.

"I can't get him to move. Appa hates tunnels." Aang said.

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here." Katara told him.

"Well it looks like we'll have to!" I yelled, letting go of Appa's reins.

"We need to split up." Sokka stated, turning back to everyone else. "Take the tunnel and get to the airship."

"No." Katara yelled. "The Fire Nation can't separate our family again."

"It'll be ok." Dad told Katara.

"It's not forever, Katara." I said, putting a hand on her shoulder and pulling her towards Appa.

Sokka, Katara, Aang, Suki, and I all climbed onto Appa while Toph was feeling for a way out.

"I can clear that wall away and we can fly out through there." She said, climbing onto Appa.

"Um, there's an awful lot of fire in that direction." Suki stated.

"We'll be fine. Let's go." Aang said.

Toph blasted the wall apart and we flew away from the temple as fast as we could, Toph used some rock as a giant shield in front of Appa so that we wouldn't be hit by any fire. The shield dispersed once we were past the airships and we looked back to see Zuko jumping across the huge gap from one airship to the other. He landed in front of Azula and the two were shooting fire at each other, we then turned around to go back for him and were put under fire ourselves, Appa was successfully dodging the fire balls though. There was a huge explosion and we looked up to see both Zuko and Azula falling through the air, we flew under Zuko and I grabbed his arm and pulled him into Appa's saddle.