Chapter Six

Sakari's POV

The morning after Kato had basically disowned me, we were on a boat on our way to Ember Island for the weekend.

"Aren't you just super excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island?" Ty Lee asked. "It's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

"I'm looking forward-" I started but was cut off by Zuko.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time." Zuko complained. "We're being sent away on a forced vacation. I feel like a child."

"Oh, lighten up." Azula told him. "So, dad wants to meet with his advisors alone, without anyone else around. Don't take it personally."

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty Lee asked Azula.

"That's so cool. I wish I had my own beach house." I stated, joining their conversation.

"We used to come every summer when we were kids." Azula told us.

"That must have been fun!" Ty Lee exclaimed.

"It was, I suppose." Azula said. "But all things come to an end."

We arrived at the Island in no time and we greeted by Lo and Li.

"Welcome to Ember Island, kids." They spoke in unison.

I looked past them to the house we would be staying in and frowned at the sight of the small, rundown house.

"Please tell me this isn't your family's house?" I whispered to Azula.

"It's not." She whispered back as we followed the two old ladies up the jetty.

We entered the house and found ourselves surrounded by many old antiques, I followed Ty Lee over to a painting of two young women.

"It smells like old lady in here." I heard Zuko whisper.

"Gee, I wonder why." Mai replied to him.

"Who are these two beautiful women?" Ty Lee asked, pointing at the painting.

"Can't you tell?" One of the women said.

"It's Lo and me." The other one said as they recreated the pose in the painting.

We all screwed up our faces in disgust, and Zuko even gagged, before we all quickly excused ourselves to go look at the bedrooms. Ty Lee immediately jumped onto one of the beds.

"I just love this seashell bedspread!" She announced happily.

"Are you serious? It looks like the beach threw up all over it." Mai stated.

"Yeah, for once I agree with Miss gloomy over here." I said, nodding my head towards Mai. "You're crazy Ty Lee."

"We know you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend." One of the old ladies said.

"But Ember Island is a magical place if you keep an open mind." The other old lady told us.

"Give it a chance and it can help you understand yourselves and each other." They finished in unison.

"Does anyone else think they're creepy?" I whispered to the group.

"The beach has a special way of smoothing even the most ragged edges." One of the old ladies stated, picking up a smooth rock from the table.

Azula fake yawned to show her boredom when the two old ladies suddenly dropped their robes to reveal their swimsuits.

"Time to hit the beach!" They announced.