Chapter Four

A/N: The above video is not mine and I don't take credit for it, this is just how I imagine their dance to be :)

*****

Sakari's POV

Azula's birthday came around way too fast, we had about an hour before we were expected to perform and were practicing one last time with Ty Lee.

"It looks great guys! But Sakari, I think it would work a little better if you showed more anger." Ty Lee told me.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to be more angry. I'm pretty mad." I replied.

Just then the door flung open and Mai strolled over to Zuko, planting a long kiss on his lips.

"Just wanted to wish you luck." She told him, before walking out again.

"You angry now?" Ty Lee whispered to me.

"Oh, yeah, that'll do it." I replied, glaring at Zuko.

*****

"Ah, excellent, you're here." Fire Lord Ozai said as Zuko and I entered the throne room.

Ozai and Azula were sitting in their thrones behind the wall of fire, while Ty Lee, Mai, and a heap of guards and palace staff were standing around the edge of the room, obviously wanting to see what Zuko and I came up with.

"I'm so excited to see what you've put together." Azula told us.

We took our positions in the middle of the room and began our dance when the band began playing. I did the starting flip, Zuko pushing my legs forward, and then shoving me in the back to the floor, I then spun and ended up doing the splits. I then lifted myself up with my legs and felt Zuko's hands on my shoulders as he pushed me to the side, then his hand was on the back of my neck and we walked a few steps before I stood up straight. I did a twirl on one leg until Zuko grabbed the back of my neck again and pushed my head down, I kept twisting myself around and ended up with his arm across my neck. Zuko then grabbed my chin and made me look at him before I swiftly shoved his hand away, but then Zuko grabbed me around the waist and lifted me above his head. We spun once before he threw me and I made a kicking motion before falling onto my feet, and then onto my back. I then grabbed Zuko's foot and he lifted it up and kicked it back to the floor, making me roll once before he stood over me and lifted me up by the back of my neck. He pulled me close, my leg wrapped around his torso, and I did a dip before shoving him away from me. We did identical flips before running at each other, I did a backbend as he leaped over me, landing in a roll. We then moved to the center of the "stage" and I danced in front of him before twisting myself around on the floor to face him. He did a handstand and then landed over me, moving his arms in sync with where I moved my head, kind of making it look like he was punching me. I then grabbed his foot and made him do a flip and land on his back, he then crawled away from me as I ran to the other side of the stage. I turned to him just as he did a flip and then ran at his back, jumping and landing with my leg over his shoulder, he then flipped me around his body, and I landed in a squat position. We then faced each other and fell to our backs on the floor, immediately kicking ourselves back up, Zuko landing on his feet and me staying on the floor. Zuko then grabbed my hands and pulled me up, I jumped and landed with my legs either side of his head, hanging down his back, then he spun me quickly around his body, catching me when my feet hit the floor. I then did a spin and moved away from him, using his arm to flip him over my back and shoving his hand away from mine as he fell to his back on the floor. I began to walk away in victory when he grabbed my ankle and I flung myself around so that I landed on my stomach on the floor with him; we gave each other furious looks. The crowd cheered like crazy as we removed ourselves from the floor, glaring at each other as we bowed to Ozai and Azula.

"That was truly amazing." Azula said, clapping for us.

"Yes. And the rage we could see between you. It looked so real." Ozai commented. Little did he know.

I walked over to Ty Lee, Zuko took his place beside Mai, and Ty Lee was jumping up and down happily.

"That was so good, Sakari!" She squealed, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I guess being really angry at him helped fuel me." I stated, sending a glare at Zuko who returned it.

*****

Later that night I was sitting by the turtleduck pond, watching the ripples in the water, when another reflection appeared next to mine.

"Zuko?" I asked, confused on why he was here.

"Hey." He said, looking me in the eyes. "Some dance."

"Sure..." I said quizzically, standing to leave.

Zuko grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him, we were only inches apart now and I could feel his hot breath on my face. It brought back memories of when we were together. We were so happy. I stood frozen, waiting for him to say something, but he didn't speak. I had gotten so lost in his eyes that I barely even noticed his face moving closer to mine, or his hand cupping my cheek. We closed our eyes, and I felt his breath on my lips, I was getting so lost in the moment that I almost forgot about everything Zuko did. Almost. I quickly pulled away from him and shoved him softly away from me.

"No." I stated, turning to walk away from him.

But he grabbed me by my arm again and spun me around, slamming his lips onto mine. I had missed this, I let myself melt for a moment before getting ahold myself and shoving him away from me, harder this time. I glared at him and wiped my mouth on the back of my hand.

"Are you insane?!" I screamed. "What are you thinking?!"

"I miss you, Sakari." He admitted. "I'm sorry, but that's the truth."

"Oh, you miss me? That's nice. So, did you want to tell your girlfriend, or should I?" I asked, the air around me getting hot.

"Sakari, please." He begged.

"No, Zuko!" I yelled. "Stay the hell away from me!"

I bended all the water from the pond and slammed it into Zuko, watching him go flying into the wall behind him. Then I turned away from him and left him sitting against the wall.