Chapter Twenty-Two

Sakari's POV

Soon after I had been thrown into a cell, I found myself mopping floors with Zuko and Suki, Sokka approached us, still posing as a guard.

"Good. You guys have met." Sokka stated.

"Actually, we met a long time ago." Suki replied.

"We did?" Zuko and I asked in unison.

"Yeah, you kinda burned down my village." Suki said to Zuko before turning to me. "And you kinda saved it with that huge wave."

"Oh, sorry about that." Zuko said awkwardly.

"Oh! Oh, wow, you look so different without all the makeup." I stated, realising that this was the Kyoshi warrior that had kissed Sokka's cheek so long ago.

"I think I have an escape plan." Sokka stated, pulling the three of us behind the stairs. "I checked out the coolers. The whole point of them is to contain Firebenders, right?"

"Yeah?" Zuko replied, seeming just as clueless as me about where Sokka was going with this.

"They're completely insulated and sealed to keep the cold in." Sokka stated. "Well, to keep the cold in, it needs to keep the heat out, right?"

"Will you just get to the point, Sokka." Suki said, making me like her a little more.

"It's a perfect boat to get us through the boiling water." Sokka announced.

"Are you sure about this?" Zuko asked, questioning Sokka's plan.

"I'm telling you; it'll work." Sokka replied. "I walked around the perimeter and found a blind spot between two guard towers. It's the perfect launching point. I already tested it out. We'll roll the cooler into the water and just float with the current. It should take us straight across. As long as we keep quiet, no one will notice us. And bing, bang, boom, we're home free!"

"Wow... This is definitely one of your better plans, Sokka." I congratulated him.

"How are we gonna get the cooler out though?" Suki asked.

"Yeah." A voice suddenly said from above us. "How are you gonna get the cooler out?"

It was Chit Sang. He swung down the railing and landed next to us.

"What? We didn't say that!" Sokka said, trying to laugh it off.

"Yeah, you heard wrong." Zuko added.

"I heard you hatching an escape plan, and I want in." Chit Sang told us.

"There's nothing to get in on." I replied, trying to sound intimidating.

"Yeah, the only thing we're hatching is... An egg." Sokka said, making the rest of us facepalm.

"Ok, well, either I come with you, or the Warden hears about this egg." Chit Sang blackmailed us.

"I guess we have no choice." Suki said, looking to Sokka.

"Ok, fine, you're in." Sokka told Chit Sang. "Now, first we need someone to unbolt the cooler from the inside."

"Well it can't be me; they know I'm a Waterbender so there's no way they'll throw me in there." I said.

Sokka nodded and handed the wrench to Zuko, who tucked it in his waistband.

"Now, how do we get you in?" Suki asked.

"Oh, I can get you in." Chit Sang stated.

Chit Sang whispered something to Zuko and I watched as he got up and stood not too far from us, then Zuko got his mop and backed into Chit Sang, knocking him a little bit.