Chapter 21

~One week later

I leaned my head against Kevin's shoulder, as we watched TV in our hotel room, the day before we were to return home. My hair was slightly damp from the shower, but he didn't seem to care.

We had so much fun this past week, and I was actually disappointed that I had to go home. We visited all the different attractions that Blackpool had to offer.

The first place we visited was the indoor water park. I remember just staring at Kevin's bare chest after we got changed into our swimsuits. We spent the whole day riding all the different slides and checking out the other interesting features, like the tide pool and the surfing simulator. We were almost howling with laughter as we kept falling in the simulator, trying our hardest to stay on our feet.

The next day, we wrapped up warm and decided to check out the theme park. Since we had nothing better to do, we decided to endure the first row lines on all the rollercoasters. We kept each other entertained through the monotonous wait, by sharing funny memories through Mind-Message, like when I had my face pushed into a plate full of cream, and when Kevin got jump-scared multiple times in the same day. We also had a competition on who could tell the funniest joke, but neither of us won, mainly due to the fact that we sucked at telling jokes.

When we finally would get on the rollercoasters, I discovered Kevin had pretty high-pitched screams. He seemed to be scared of the steeper drops. Also, when we got pictures, we discovered my hair would obstruct the face of the unlucky saps who sat behind me.

We also had fun at the games, but they were definitely rigged as we didn't win a thing. At the end of the day, we rode some of the tamer rides before heading back.

Throughout the rest of the week we went to the other attractions, which were mainly themed museums. I especially enjoyed the Sea-Life centre, though Kevin seemed more interested in the weird-and-wonderful exhibits of the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum. When we were at the Madame Tussauds' wax statue museum, Kevin joked that we knew none of the celebrities, which was mainly true. We spent more time staring at each other than the statues.

However, back to the present. Kevin insisted on having a chill day in the hotel room, which I didn't object to as we have went everywhere I wanted to go. He said that he prepared a special surprise for tonight, and to dress nice, hence the shower. I was now wearing a long red jumper that went to my knees, my normal leggings and a pair of strappy boots. When we went out, I would be wearing my denim jacket and a long white scarf.

For our day in, we binge-watched YouTube, did Vocaloid dances and played along with the quiz shows on TV.

As the show we were watching finished, Kevin suddenly stood up. I didn't make the realization that I had no support fast enough as I fell sideways onto the bed, my hair flying over my face. I used my arm to lift the wall of hair, scanning my field of vision for my mischievous boyfriend. Thankfully, he was standing on the left side of me.

"Sorry, Mia, I didn't think!" He offered his hand to me and I grasped it firmly as I pulled myself up. When I got a good look at his face, I could see a slight twitch at the side of his mouth as he tried to suppress a smirk.

"You are such a liar, Kevs! Anyways, you're lucky I haven't brushed my hair yet," I teased and his smirk came out in full force.

"Oh, so you don't mind me doing this?" At that, he began ruffling my hair, and I could practically sense all the knots that were currently forming.

"Get off, it'll make brushing it so much harder!" I exclaimed, slapping his hands away as I scanned the room for my hairbrush.

"Oh, you might want to hurry, Mi Amor, my surprise is time-sensitive," he explained, his fingers still running through my hair.